Trouble with Givi Top Mount hardware???

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

jdinero2010
Basic User

Trouble with Givi Top Mount hardware???

Post by jdinero2010 »

Anyone have trouble installing the Givi Top Case with SR683 mounting on 2004 R1150R? I am unable to connect the support arm behind the luggage rack. It seems the plastic mounting which is part of the license plate fender etc is in the way. The metal piece from the mount is larger then the space i have to fit the support mount. I am assume the license plate art if stock so I don't understand why it isn't fitting. The box and part number all indicate good for R1150R '01-'06 but the actual instructions only say '02-'03 so wondering if something is wrong. See pics below. Open to suggestions please....

ok, i don't know how to add pictures??

--Jennifer
jdinero2010
Basic User

Re: Trouble with Givi Top Mount hardware???

Post by jdinero2010 »

ok, think i figured it out how to post the pics

Last edited by jdinero2010 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdinero2010
Basic User

Post by jdinero2010 »

jdinero2010
Basic User

Post by jdinero2010 »

ok, I actually got it. I needed to go under the part that was in the way, i wasn't seeing it. I got it! :)
Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Post by Photoguy »

Congratulations! Glad it's working out =D>
Thread caught my eye s I was considering doing the exact same thing. And it's been a while but I had this set-up on my 96 R850R and vaguely recall that the Givi frame sits inside of the fender...or under...er... not on the outside. :P
EasyBee
Basic User
Donating Member #: 61

Post by EasyBee »

I've got the same setup. If you need pictures, I'll make 'em.
8790 Adaptive, Akrapovic, Hyperpro, Ilmberger, Bagster, MRA, paintsprayed wheels, BMW panniers.
jdinero2010
Basic User

Post by jdinero2010 »

Thanks everyone. Once I figured it out the rest was cake, except for stripping one of the screws. Lowes has everything so replaced it before getting it stuck and all is good. The prior owner had a mini light attached to the other rear mount so now all I have to do is figure out if/where i can mount that.

EasyBee - love the Red top case. I had a blue 650 prior so optioned for the black but my new bike is red and it sure looks sharp with the red top case!

Ride Safe!