My almost Beakster Bash ride.

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

My almost Beakster Bash ride.

Post by Buckster »

I was heading west on rt. 24 with Marty and Mike on the way to the bash when my bike just up and quit on me in the middle of a rainstorm. It happened to be a hall sensor failure and Marty called it. I pushed the bike up under a shed with an overhang and tried to let the bike dry out a little to see if it was maybe going to start. Marty was right and it didn't. I sent them along the way as I didn't want to keep them if the thing wasn't going to move. It sure was nice having them there, as you are not totally alone in the middle of nowhere. Thanks for letting me tag along!
Long story short, the owner of the farm house was name was Billy couldn't have been any nicer. He tried to help anyway he could. We pulled a plug to check for spark, (none), he called a motorcycle mechanic to see if he could help. He offered to get me food and drink at the store.
I called AMA to get the thing towed to the nearest dealership in Roanoke.
I called them to see if they thought it was the hall sensor. I talked to Tommy in service and Jason in parts. They were both great in answering my questions and helping me out. Jason ordered the part and told me it would be there next day.
Patrick was the tow truck driver and was really nice as well. He said he would tell me everything he was going to do before he did it and was open to suggestions to help secure the bike safely.
Both Billy and Patrick were riders at one time and I think that was one of the reasons they were so helpful even if though they rode other brands.
Chip was the manager at Frontline Eurosports and he was great too. He gave me ride to the hotel and came by in the morning and picked me up as well. The whole staff was awesome and friendly. Two of the sales staff did try to get me to test ride a 1200R while I was waiting for the repair on Friday.
I also couldn't help drooling over this....
and I'm also a big sucker for the Street Triples they had as well.
They had the bike buttoned up by noon which was great. I decided to head home as I felt I spent more money than planned!
I decided I would enjoy the BRP while I was in the area. It was beautiful out and I rode from Roanoke to rt.60 in Lexington and then head home.

All in all, I guess it could have been a lot worse. I made the best of it with a lot of help along the way!

`
Buckster '03R
SteveK
Basic User

Re: My almost Beakster Bash ride.

Post by SteveK »

Quite the coinsedense, my bike was towed there Sunday with a flat rear ridding home from the Bash. Staying at a local motel waiting for them to open Tuesday to fix it.

Glad to hear they have a good shop with good people.
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Post by Buckster »

They did have a sale on some Pilot Road III's when I was there!
They really took care of me. I hope you get the same service!
Buckster '03R
machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Post by machew01 »

Buckster,

I'm sorry that you didn't make it to the Bash. I was looking forward to seeing you.

mac
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I missed you at the Bash and just saw this thread.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
chibbert
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 202

Post by chibbert »

In the grand scheme of things, it could have been much worse. You still got great pictures!
2004 R1150RS