Dynabeads

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Johan_SA
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Dynabeads

Post by Johan_SA »

Hi
Is there anyone who have heard of, or have something negative to say regarding the use of Dynabeads? I have to replace the tyres on my R soon and the local bike shop (Newcastle, South Africa) have only had one experience with Dynabeads and that was a request to remove them. Apparently a rider of a R1, had Dynabeads installed and rode his bike for about 200 miles and complained that it felt as if he had a "major" problem in the handling of his bike. They local shop removed the beads, balanced the wheels and that solved the problem.

Unfortunately I have no further information with regard to e.g. the amount of Dynabeads they put in a wheel etc.

Thanks

Johan
Can you see the wonder of the fairy tale?
Suzuki T500J
BMW R1150R
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Re: Dynabeads

Post by towerworker »

I have been running them for almost two years and am completely satisfied with them. Matter of fact I have gotten substantially more tread life out of my front tire this time (nearly 19K) then I ever had in the past. I don't know conclusively if the balancing beads are responsible but that is the only thing changed since the last tire change. I have no issues at all with them. I run 1 ounce in the front and 2 in the rear tire.

One thing that would probably make a difference is when installing a new tire be careful to make sure no soap or other liquid gets inside the tire during installation as that will most certainly cause the beads to clump and not do their job. After I installed the tire I poured the beads into the tire by way of the valve stem. It's a tad slow process but no trouble once you get the hang of it.

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

Wayne, will those Dynabeads take off cellulite?
harveyrawn
Basic User

Post by harveyrawn »

towerworker wrote: I have no issues at all with them. I run 1 ounce in the front and 2 in the rear tire.
I've run them in PR2s for about 9,000 miles and also have no negative issues with them. The bike continues to handle beautifully, which is one of the selling points of the beads...they keep the wheels in "new" balance as they wear. I put 2 ounces of beads in both tires per Dynabeads's recommendation for BMWs with telelever front suspensions.
Harvey
Recharged on an '02
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

Boxer wrote:Wayne, will those Dynabeads take off cellulite?
Yes Phil they will and more importantly than that..........they have improved my love life immensely. Before I started running the dynabeads I seldom had a lady pay me the time of day. Now..............well...................it's just incredible!

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
TicTac50
Lifer
Donating Member #: 586

Post by TicTac50 »

towerworker wrote: Yes Phil they will and more importantly than that..........they have improved my love life immensely. Before I started running the dynabeads I seldom had a lady pay me the time of day. Now..............well...................it's just incredible!

Wayne
Maybe I should add more weight in the dynabeads department. [-o<
As for now, all I get is .....well...... my money back! :-k
Lifetime Member #586
2002 R1150R
2004 R1150 ABS
2003 F650 CSA
PRESSING "1" FOR ENGLISH!
Johan_SA
Basic User

Post by Johan_SA »

Thanks. Will order some and remember about the soapy water.
Do I have to worry about the soapy water when I use them to improve my love life? Perhaps it will be better if they all "clunk" together?

Johan
Can you see the wonder of the fairy tale?
Suzuki T500J
BMW R1150R
awagnon
Lifer

Post by awagnon »

Johan_SA wrote:Is there anyone who have heard of, or have something negative to say regarding the use of Dynabeads?
Motorcycle Consumer News evaluated them a couple of months ago and decided they were a waste of money.
Al
Ogden, Utah
2002 R1150RT
2004 R1150R (sold) (sigh...)
2004 R 1150GS
twindave
Basic User
Donating Member #: 724

Post by twindave »

ok damn it!!!

I'm gonna try the dynabeads on a new set of 880's

If they work, I'll have a parnes for sale
Know it, Love it, Ride it
jm1515
Triple Lifer

Post by jm1515 »

FWIW, here's my recent experience with my last rear tire on Dynabeads. I'm not the OP in this thread, but I'm in there and my experience is the same.............

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486718
I re-used the DBs in the new rear PR2.

I'm just about to change my first front tire that used Dynabeads.
Going to change it today, actually, and it's a PR2 that just made it to 11k miles. It's down to the wear bars on the LEFT side only, and only on about 1/3 of the circumference, so this tire did not wear evenly for some reason. :-k
The right side looks like it could go another ~500miles......
I took the wheel off yesterday, and as far as I can tell, everything looks fine w/ the forks and suspension. Everything is level, straight etc..........
I'm going to re-use the DBs in this tire also.
j magda
TripleLifer Member 454
04 Black (the Classiest Color) R1150R
Deep in the OH wasteland...
Daryl.Stamp
Basic User

Post by Daryl.Stamp »

I've been using them for two seasons now; very pleased w/ their performance. My main objective was the simplicity of balancing after removing & replacing my own tires.

DLS