Akrapovic Install and baffle (silencer) removal

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

LumpyCam
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Akrapovic Install and baffle (silencer) removal

Post by LumpyCam »

peckhammer wrote:Thanks for the information. Next question is where to buy one? Where did ya'll get t?
I picked up mine from Bayside Performance For $792 USD. They are mail order but also have a storefront that I pickup from in Vancouver, Canada. Great group of guys that work there and I've always had good service.
peckhammer wrote:I thought I read that this exhaust lowers HP. Any truth to that?
It adds 27 hp, or at least you'll ride it like it did :twisted:
Dan
R1200R Alumni
The Daily Rider
LumpyCam
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by LumpyCam »

bhope wrote:What is the life expectancy of the Akrapovic vs the Stock?
Found this from the Akrapovic site:
The durability of the damping material depends on the type of motorcycle, riding style, mileage etc. Normally, single and twin cylinder engines produce a stronger exhaust gases wave pulse and a higher temperature. Often, riding on a race track requires noise control.

The insulating material should be replaced when you notice any visual changes on the muffler sleeve material or when the muffler exceeds the noise limit. Please check the muffler visually before every season. In principle the damping wool should be replaced every 2 years.
This is the general FAQ though and I'm not sure if it's the same for the titanium models such as the R1200R's.
Dan
R1200R Alumni
The Daily Rider
peckhammer
Basic User

Post by peckhammer »

I just ordered one from Motorcycle Superstore. With a coupon code, I got it for $773.99, no tax, and free shipping. Can't wait to try it out.

>--
Peckhammer
http://peckhammer.blip.tv
2007 BMW R 1200 R
2002 GasGas TXT280
1983 Peugeot 103 SP