The "bike"

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

lucagoa
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

The "bike"

Post by lucagoa »

Hello,

I know this may sound a little "enthusiastic" but last saturday I went for a "solo" ride of about 160 km in my neighborhood. When I purchase my bike (second hand) on both tires there were still 2cm of wax :roll:
Last saturday I manage to wipe them out :shock: :shock: This is a "first time" for me. I can be considered as a "conservative" rider but this bike is taking the hell out of me :twisted: :twisted:
With my last bike (SV650) i never reach this much "lean" (is it correct... :-k ). Anyhow some picture of a panoramic road very close to my house. I really would like to share this beatiful road with someone of you riders 8)

Luca
SV650 - '02
R1200R - '07
icecave
Lifer

Re: The "bike"

Post by icecave »

Wow, what a great road to ride! The iron works guard rail appears to have been used more than a few times. Enjoy the ride!
Dan
Crystal Grey '07 R1200R
What I don't know fills libraries around the world.
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

lucagoa wrote:...
With my last bike (SV650) i never reach this much "lean" (is it correct... :-k ). ...
Cao... I doubt the R can reach higher lean angles than an SV650... but if it feels like that... that's all that matters...
Ves (AKA Boy,Sledge, and Cheap Bastid)
celticus
Lifer
Donating Member #: 548

Post by celticus »

I also have both an SV650 and an R1200R at home. Both are great bikes and both can reach lean angles far greater than I have the cohones to take them there (?) :?
Mark
What is happening to my skin?
Where is that protection that I needed?
Air can hurt you too
vielzebub
Lifer

Post by vielzebub »

That road is GORGEOUS!

Much nicer riding than my neighborhood...
Enjoy the curves and the leaning!
- Eric V
r12r-don
Basic User

Post by r12r-don »

Congrats on your new purchase and your new found lean angles. Probably just feel more comfortable on this bike. Like was said before, even if it only feels that way, it doesn't matter.

Now onto the important part: WHERE IS THAT ROAD?
And you live nearby? Wow, lucky you. It takes me about an hour to get to anything nice and still nothing like that.
lucagoa
Basic User

Post by lucagoa »

r12r-don

this is in Italy, just on the backyard of Genova where I live. Around here there are plenty of these roads it just takes minutes to get onto these and then you can ride few hours with only curves...... :lol:
Luca
SV650 - '02
R1200R - '07