Introduction

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Chop96
Lifer

Introduction

Post by Chop96 »

Just a quick post to introduce myself. Fell in love with this bike back in October and after a search through nearly every dealer in New England, finally found the exact bike I was looking for at Country Rode in Rochester, NY (had it delivered to me). Since taking delivery at the end of last October, I've had the pleasure of enjoying 5,700 miles - even with a few months of not riding with this year's winter in New England. I'm currently living in Rhode Island, but in a couple of weeks will be packing up and moving to Alexandria, VA.

So, a couple of pics. First: last October, as soon as it came off of the trailer with only 37 miles on the odometer - completely stock: ABS, ASC, system cases, and some other fairly standard stuff.

... and this this one from this weekend, freshly washed after Friday's ride through the rain to Buffalo. I've added a few things, most notably a Zumo 665, SWMotech crash bars, Corbin seat, Hyper-Lite 16 LED lites (mounted just inside the Helmet Guardian locks, between them and the license plate), Throttlemeister, a Bags Connection quick-lock topring (and tank bag), and probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

As you all know, it gets more and more fun with every mile.

A tidbit I picked up on Friday: I stopped into Country Rode on my way across New York to meet them and just say "Hi" since I had never been up there (did the entire purchase via scan/email/fax/FedEx). While escaping the downpour with a hot cup of coffee, I chatted with Country Rode's owner Ron who told me that BMW imported less than 100 R1200Rs in 2010. Not only that, many dealers didn't want them and were instantly offering them up to those dealers that wanted them. Not sure how anechdotal that statement was about how rare these were for 2010, but I for one had a pretty hard time locating a bike. Anyways, I'm glad I found it!!!
Greg
2010 R1200R Biarritz Blue
nylife
Lifer
Donating Member #: 956

Re: Introduction

Post by nylife »

welcome and its a beautiful bike
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects handlebars to the saddle.
2009 R12R
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

Great bike/color. Welcome!
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Dauntless
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Dauntless »

That's a nice looking bike. Here's a link you may be interested in: http://www.bmwbmw.org/
Paul
2009 R1200R
dav
Lifer
Donating Member #: 798

Post by dav »

Mate you did a damm fine job of washing your bike, it looks stunning =D> .

btw welcome aboard.
2009 R1200R
1981 R65
1968 DUCATI 250 MK3
1975 Suzuki GT380
rockbottom
Basic User

Post by rockbottom »

Once you move, maybe mine and yours can have a play date. I ride into Alexandria for meetings a lot.
fastdogs2
Lifer
Donating Member #: 819

Post by fastdogs2 »

A beautiful bike! That's the color I wanted, but I had to go with what they had in stock at the time, which was Alpine White.

I hope you have many happy rides on that fine machine.

Bill
2009 R1200R Alpine White
# 819
NakedRider
Basic User

Post by NakedRider »

Welcome. Beautiful bike.
BMW R1200R - White
websterize
Lifer
Donating Member #: 710

Post by websterize »

Chop96 wrote:As you all know, it gets more and more fun with every mile.
Well put. Welcome to the club.
Bill
bmwk100
Basic User

Post by bmwk100 »

Greetings from one of the less than 100 U.S. 2010 owners! I got a blue one too. Enjoy!
Blue 10' R1200R
Triumph Sprint ST (traded for)
Chop96
Lifer

Post by Chop96 »

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.
Dauntless wrote:That's a nice looking bike. Here's a link you may be interested in: http://www.bmwbmw.org/
Thank you for the suggestion. I ran across that when I was looking for a new club for after my move, and definitely plan to join. Are you a member?
rockbottom wrote:Once you move, maybe mine and yours can have a play date. I ride into Alexandria for meetings a lot.
Probably won't have any problem figuring that out, though my weekdays will be spent within the 5-sided puzzle palace...
Greg
2010 R1200R Biarritz Blue