Search found 13 matches

by MMilbrett
Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:59 pm
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: exhaust
Replies: 38
Views: 11242

Re: exhaust

Staintune.
by MMilbrett
Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:56 pm
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: Touratech Off-Set Risers
Replies: 3
Views: 1836

Re: Touratech Off-Set Risers

While the brake line got a little tight, I didn't have any issues when mine were installed.

Mike
by MMilbrett
Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: Wind is getting to me
Replies: 22
Views: 6644

Re: Wind is getting to me

I originally wanted a sport screen but waited long enough for a touring screen to be put up for sale here for a great price. I didn't like the way it caused buffeting and noise in my helmet. I made a tilt block and that cured most of it. I now have a sport screen on the way so I will be able to see ...
by MMilbrett
Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 am
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: Staintune Install
Replies: 9
Views: 3251

Re: Staintune Install

I had the "spud" in briefly. (Like the term btw.) I took it out because it killed the sound that I wanted. It's actually not overly loud without it, but there is a definite difference between in and out. In, you only get a change in note. Level is very close to the same as stock. I bought ...
by MMilbrett
Tue May 17, 2011 1:46 pm
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: Staintune Install
Replies: 9
Views: 3251

Re: Staintune Install

Haven't got a sound clip. Now that there is some interest I will see what I can do.

For now, I have a couple of pix.

Mike

Image
Image
by MMilbrett
Tue May 10, 2011 5:44 pm
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: Performance
Replies: 32
Views: 8020

Re: Performance

I was told by a friend and the dealer, who rides an 1150R, that the engine will have small increases in power as it ages, then, at about 10k, you will walk out to the cycle, start her up, and think, Wow!, where did all this extra power come from?!?! I only have about 2200 miles on mine so far, so I ...
by MMilbrett
Mon May 02, 2011 4:05 pm
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: Exhaust
Replies: 13
Views: 4153

Re: Exhaust

Staintune has a nice system. I don't have the collector set, and probably wont get it because of new laws here in California, but I do have the muffler and like the sound a lot. It has a lower rumble compared to stock, and really sounds nice when on throttle. I am not running the baffle, but the vol...
by MMilbrett
Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:19 pm
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: Staintune Install
Replies: 9
Views: 3251

Staintune Install

Well, post install, actually. I got the new muffler in yesterday, about 2 weeks before Helmet Head Cycles thought it would be in. Drop shipped from their distributor. The finish is awesome if you like shiny. :D I am not a flashy person, so it didn't strike me at first, except that it appears flawles...
by MMilbrett
Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:03 pm
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: R1200R Test Drive Patch
Replies: 42
Views: 10131

Re: R1200R Test Drive Patch

There needs to be some vinyl stickers made up. I would gladly put one on the back of my helmet. :D

Mike
by MMilbrett
Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:01 pm
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: Baffling?
Replies: 7
Views: 1976

Re: Baffling?

I was looking into mufflers for the same reason. I would like to hear the engine a little more than the sewing machine. I kept looking until I had it down to 2: Akrapovic and Staintune. I opted for the Staintune for pricing, and the endorsement from a friend of mine who used to race. I'm going to st...
by MMilbrett
Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 am
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: Do YOU have an Akrapovic slip on?
Replies: 3
Views: 1629

Re: Do YOU have an Akrapovic slip on?

I've been looking at mufflers recently and am looking at the Akrapovic and the Staintune. The sound is close to the same from what I can tell on YouTube, but that will be different than in person. The best price I have seen on the Akra is from Amazon so far, and the Staintune is $599 at Helmet Head....
by MMilbrett
Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:46 am
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: New R12R owner
Replies: 11
Views: 2484

Re: New R12R owner

Been planning on doing just that, but haven't really had a nice sunny day here to use as a backdrop... Yeah, I know, "sunny" California, but its usually only sunny during the day, and working makes it hard to do anything during the day. :D I *will* get a pic with something interesting in t...
by MMilbrett
Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:28 pm
Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
Topic: New R12R owner
Replies: 11
Views: 2484

New R12R owner

Hello all! I became the proud owner of a brand new Alpine White 2010 R1200R this last Friday. After having test rode just about all of the '09 GS's, I was talked into trying out the R... That was all it took. Traded in my VFR that I couldn't ride due to a pinched nerve in my neck and don't regret it...