Search found 12 matches
- Sun May 27, 2012 3:19 pm
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Hmmm... Booster Plug huh? Part of the reason I was curious about them being lean is how much the chrome headers seem to discolor. Is it true that a lot of blueing can be caused from a too lean and therefore a too hot condition? I know the pipes are single walled but from here it seems like a lot of ...
- Sun May 27, 2012 12:58 pm
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Hi Kyle Thanks for the additional perspective. I didn't know that nobody has made the esa shock for the 12r yet...hard to believe. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in hearing a report on them when you get them back. Regarding your non esa hyperpro's... You seem to be a fan of the progressive...
- Sun May 27, 2012 12:23 pm
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Point well taken...thanks. I am handy enough with a wrench and sure I could do the shock swap with good instructions as long as no special tools are required. And yes, it would be interesting to play with the shock settings myself to get a feel for it. I have not taken the time to read Don's write u...
- Sun May 27, 2012 10:43 am
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Thanks for your input. Did Ted at the Beemer shop set you up?
I'm feeling good about going non ESA with ohlins or wilbers. Other opinions are of course welcome.
Enjoy the holiday weekend.
BP
I'm feeling good about going non ESA with ohlins or wilbers. Other opinions are of course welcome.
Enjoy the holiday weekend.
BP
- Sun May 27, 2012 4:08 am
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Question for Finn and others who have gone with Ohlins or Wilbers. Did you go to Kyle or Teds shop for subsequent setup/tuning of the shocks? I would definitely need help here as my understanding of the details are rudimentary at best. I will likely go with ohlins or Wilbers since these two are in C...
- Sun May 27, 2012 3:35 am
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Again. Thanks for taking the time to thoughtfully reply. I will check out the links you provide in the morning. Just did a bit of reading on Hyper Pro shocks. They seem to be the only one providing a progressive spring. Any thoughts on the useful benefits a progressive might have over the linear Wil...
- Sun May 27, 2012 2:05 am
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Thanks for chiming in Finn, I know you have a lot of riding under your belt and appreciate your thoughts. I think I'm going to go with non ESA and go directly to an after market shock as you say. You obviously like your ohlins. Are there any known differences to be aware of between the good aftermar...
- Sat May 26, 2012 8:55 pm
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Thanks Snapping Twig...(feel like I'm in a martial arts movie suddenly) How are you feeling about your current non esa suspension? I felt it to be a bit harsh but I'm lighter than the average they are set up for at approx 140lbs. It would be great to hear what you think once you do the switch. I'm s...
- Sat May 26, 2012 3:47 pm
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Don, I just saw your page on suspension. Looks like good reading...thank you.
Brett
Brett
- Sat May 26, 2012 3:45 pm
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Thanks Don. Appreciate your opinion. Sounds like non esa with good aftermarkets might be the way to go then based on your experience.
Anybody else have experience or opinions regarding the esa 12r's with good esa supported wilbers or others installed?
Anybody else have experience or opinions regarding the esa 12r's with good esa supported wilbers or others installed?
- Sat May 26, 2012 1:04 pm
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
Re: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Thanks for the reply...much appreciated. Does anybody have experience with a Wilber's or other ESA aftermarket set up? I've read that the difference between the settings are much more noticeable. Would a properly set up aftermarket with no esa cover 1up riding as well as 1up plus side panniers loade...
- Sat May 26, 2012 9:42 am
- Forum: R1200R (2006-2014)
- Topic: ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4943
ESA vs non ESA opinions please.
Hi all....new to the forum here. I'll soon be buying an r12r either new or used depending on what I find. I'm juggling the idea of ESA or not and hoping for more opinion. I've read pretty much all the ESA posts but wondering if opinions have changed at all considering ESA Wilber's, etc. are availabl...