Search found 9 matches
- Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:44 am
- Forum: R1150R Rockster
- Topic: abs again
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7098
Re: abs again
I think i may have solved the problem altho still not perfect but looks like a bit of corosion between the wheel and hub giving a bad signal from the rear sensor. Still had a warning after a 80 mile ride after being parked for an hour but switching off and back on it was ok. Have since done a 150 m...
- Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:09 pm
- Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
- Topic: Engineen surging and turns off after staring
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1565
Re: Engineen surging and turns off after staring
I have changed the oxygen sensor then the problem has been disappeared.
Now everything is fine.
Thank you everybody who gave me the advice.
Now everything is fine.
Thank you everybody who gave me the advice.
- Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:06 pm
- Forum: R1150R Rockster
- Topic: Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2922
Re: Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
I found this; "allanj255 wrote: Found the recall Models: BMW R Model Motorcycle Year: 2003 Number Potentially Involved: 7,000 Dates of Manufacture: December 2002 – August 2003 Defect: On certain motorcycles (Opposed Twins w/Two-Spark Ignition), the electrical wiring for the oxygen sensor...
- Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:54 pm
- Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
- Topic: Engineen surging and turns off after staring
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1565
Re: Engineen surging and turns off after staring
Thank you for your kind reply, Iowa. However I have done cleaning the fuel tank and change the fuel filter about weeks ago. My guess is the oxygen sensor's heating coil is a problem. Once the cat is heated on then the engineen has no problem, the problem is during several minutes before the engineen...
- Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 pm
- Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
- Topic: Engineen surging and turns off after staring
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1565
Engineen surging and turns off after staring
My 03 R1150R Rocster, twin spark, has a problem. Once I start the engineen during a couple of minutes it surging and turns off, so I chuke up and flip throttle to rev more than 2000rmp for about 2 minutes then the engineen turns to stable. So I guess that before O2 sensor sending signal the engineen...
- Thu May 15, 2008 2:37 am
- Forum: R1150R Rockster
- Topic: Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2922
Re: Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
That was one of the my cuoriosity however it wasn't the main cause for current my bike. I had changed to K&N air filter and test it. but the symtoms was the same. During yesterday test I discovered that the engineen is suddenly dead and alive again repeatablily in very short time - in my measure...
- Wed May 14, 2008 7:32 pm
- Forum: R1150R Rockster
- Topic: Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2922
Re: Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
Yesterday, I changed the bad fan belt and test ride again, However the failure symtom is the same. I searched the forum and find similar case with me. There is two possible causes, One is a failure of oxygen sensor, the other is a failure of ignition coil. Today I will check with the oxygen sensor -...
- Tue May 13, 2008 5:46 am
- Forum: R1150R Rockster
- Topic: Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2922
Re: Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
Hi Sikim, welcome. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the alternator belt is loose - thus the battery is not being charged very well and when you use the brakes, the extra power required by the ABS system is removing electrical power from the engine management systems. May not be the cause...
- Mon May 12, 2008 9:17 pm
- Forum: R1150R Rockster
- Topic: Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2922
Engineen turns off all of sudden at idle status
This is the first time I post, This is the very good forum so I can get lots of information, actually in Korea there are not many people riding R1150R. I sold out my preowned 2001 R1150R and bought another 2003 Rockster 20,000 miles, abs. By the way this rockster has a problem, In normal speed betwe...