I’d be interested to know if anyone here has successfully mounted a camera on their bike for video footage.
I have a little Canon point-and-shoot with a video function that works very well, but my initial attempts to set it up on the bike have failed.
I have been using a RAM mount off the handlebars, with the camera tucked in behind my sports windshield. The vibration makes the video almost unwatchable, particularly at speed.
I’m sure some of my problems come from the mount, which is about three inches long and has a couple of pivot points. No doubt it bounces around more than something with a shorter arm.
Anyhoo, has anyone got a set up that they're happy with?
Shooting Video
Moderator: Moderators
- thepeacebullgrunt
- Lifer
- Posts: 549
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:03 pm
- Location: Here is Always Somewhere Else
Re: Shooting Video
We did it ! we are happy ! YES it Bounced a lot !
but I am not sure if my better half will like to show the world
how pleasantly we were able to appreciate the comfort and extreme stability of the R1200R center stand.
but I am not sure if my better half will like to show the world
how pleasantly we were able to appreciate the comfort and extreme stability of the R1200R center stand.
Last edited by thepeacebullgrunt on Tue May 12, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pain is Ignorance this is why it really hurt...
RAM Mount AOK
I have RAM mounts on the clutch master and the RH passenger footpeg bracket that I use with a 3" arm. It vibrates pretty badly at idle and low speed, but on the road it works great. I use it often for stills too. If your camcorder has an anti-shake setting be sure to turn it on.
