Puig Screen

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

crispsandwich
Basic User

Puig Screen

Post by crispsandwich »

Hi
Has anyone fitted one of these screens? It appears that bs motorparts (based in Germany) are selling these short screens for the r1150r. http://www.bs-motoparts.com/Wind_Protec ... 4_1004.htm

It looks like that the image is one fitted to a hornet not a r1150r? I'm dubious whether it will fit the BMW . Your views / thought or even pics if you have fitted one wold be more than welcome.

Cheers
ldeijkva
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Re: Puig Screen

Post by ldeijkva »

Don't worry, it will fit. Puig makes all sorts of universal screens for a wide range of bikes. I'm not to keen on the fitting material, always looks a bit cheap.
Wunderlich is no different. Most of the main components look great, but the fitting (especially with handguards & screens) look awfull.
ron prior
Basic User

Re: Puig Screen

Post by ron prior »

ldeijkva wrote:Don't worry, it will fit. Puig makes all sorts of universal screens for a wide range of bikes. I'm not to keen on the fitting material, always looks a bit cheap.
Wunderlich is no different. Most of the main components look great, but the fitting (especially with handguards & screens) look awfull.

I agree, it is a nice looking screen, and they offer a few sizes. But the mounting looks 'cheesy' {IMO} Perhaps to make it more easily detachable ? and I suppose it keeps the cost down ?