
Someone is seriously screwing with me.
Moderator: Moderators
Someone is seriously screwing with me.
Yamaha why does thou task me so?


-
dallara
Bakernks...
Amen, Brudda...
You and me both, Bakernks. You and me both.
Nice bike, and no "Roundel Tax." Some are willing to pop for as much as 65% for the "Propellor Tariff"...
Cheers!
Dallara
You and me both, Bakernks. You and me both.
Nice bike, and no "Roundel Tax." Some are willing to pop for as much as 65% for the "Propellor Tariff"...
Cheers!
Dallara
-
DJ Downunder
- Honorary Lifer
- Posts: 4776
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:26 pm
- Location: Melbourne
-
dallara
And a fine choice it is, Big Papa...
And a fine choice it is, Big Papa!
The new FZ-1, with an aluminum frame (finally) and even *MORE* ponies, is one fine piece of hardware... And a real bargain, too!
Thank goodness, though...
I was scared there for a minute that red "X" was going turn into something like a H-D Black Rod or the like...
Cheers!
Dallara
The new FZ-1, with an aluminum frame (finally) and even *MORE* ponies, is one fine piece of hardware... And a real bargain, too!
Thank goodness, though...
I was scared there for a minute that red "X" was going turn into something like a H-D Black Rod or the like...
Cheers!
Dallara
-
dallara
Big Papa...
But, Big Papa...
(who said:)
That thar' ain't no Harley-Davidson, now is it?
Cheers!
Dallara
(who said:)
Like the other bike in my garage...
That thar' ain't no Harley-Davidson, now is it?
Cheers!
Dallara
Re: Big Papa...
Nahh... That's a Yamaha. Major Harley look-alike! Someone in my building has one with all emblems removed. I walked around it three times looking for some identifying marks. Nice looking bike. And like theo thers said - clean garage! Was that picture 'doctored'?Dallara wrote:That thar' ain't no Harley-Davidson, now is it?![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Cheers!
Dallara
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
I try to take pictures showing the clean side, now for the messy side..Nice bike, but I'm even more impressed by how clean you keep your garage!
My co-worker just bought a Fatboy. Funny how those HD's seem large until they are next to the Roadstar. The Yami's are larger all the way around. Perfect for me, I am built the same way.
Bill
'07 R1200RT
'07 R1200RT
Yamaha FJR1300A
I'm not interested in the electric clutch version, but the standard version is quite appealing. I could, with that bike, have my "Kansas Turnpike" motorcycle ready for a 400 mile trip anytime. Then, I can strip off the touring gear from the '04 r1150R and return it to a sportbike using just the cut down shield and tankbag. The F650GS covers the adventure touring on dirt roads, and city errands, and I'm covered on all bases. For what the 1300 offers against the $$$, it seems a good value. Order it with the heated grips if they aren't standard and I'm good to go. I have some serious thinking to do ...
-
dallara
Bakernks..
Bakernks...
A man after my own heart!
I'm not the least bit interested in the AE ( electric-clutch/electric-shifting version), either. Not in the slightest... I *ENJOY* using the clutch and shifting too much... Like perfectly matching downshifts while blipping the throttle on corner entry, etc. It's part of what makes riding a motorcycle... well, riding a motorcycle!
I love it where you talk of removing all the "touring" gear from you R-1150-R and return it to near naked... That's exactly what I want to do with my Roadster - keep it pure (see http://r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=3794 thread for what I want to do...) and *FUN* for when I want to experience the flat-twin growl and enjoy how wonderfully forgiving and enjoyable the R-1150-R is playing among the apexes, some smooth, some pocked with bumps and broken pavement... and dancing in traffic... and how it draws a crowd even down out the local Harley riders watering hole...
I want to hang all my long-distance gear - the GPS, the radar detector, some heated grips, the power take-offs fo rmy Ipod and XM receiver, etc., etc., etc. on a 2006 "Cobalt Blue" FJR-1300-A and save it for when I need to cover 1,000 miles in 24 hours in comfort...
And then ride the R-1150-R for what it was meant to be... A terrific *FUN* bike that has a distinct personality, character, and charisma... unencumbered by my attempts to shackle it with RT-type paraphernalia.
Man, Bakernks... I am soooooo gald somebody else sees the conundrum the same way I do!
If you get one of the same FJR's we definitely have ot meet one day, either on R-1150-R's or on FJR's. It's obvious that in many ways we cogitate the same!
As an aside, I must say...
BMW - Are you out there? Are you listening? It may not mean much, but you got a couple of dedicated customers, who already love your products, thinking they need to shop elsewhere to get what they want...
Just my two rupees...
Cheers!
Dallara
A man after my own heart!
I'm not the least bit interested in the AE ( electric-clutch/electric-shifting version), either. Not in the slightest... I *ENJOY* using the clutch and shifting too much... Like perfectly matching downshifts while blipping the throttle on corner entry, etc. It's part of what makes riding a motorcycle... well, riding a motorcycle!
I love it where you talk of removing all the "touring" gear from you R-1150-R and return it to near naked... That's exactly what I want to do with my Roadster - keep it pure (see http://r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=3794 thread for what I want to do...) and *FUN* for when I want to experience the flat-twin growl and enjoy how wonderfully forgiving and enjoyable the R-1150-R is playing among the apexes, some smooth, some pocked with bumps and broken pavement... and dancing in traffic... and how it draws a crowd even down out the local Harley riders watering hole...
I want to hang all my long-distance gear - the GPS, the radar detector, some heated grips, the power take-offs fo rmy Ipod and XM receiver, etc., etc., etc. on a 2006 "Cobalt Blue" FJR-1300-A and save it for when I need to cover 1,000 miles in 24 hours in comfort...
And then ride the R-1150-R for what it was meant to be... A terrific *FUN* bike that has a distinct personality, character, and charisma... unencumbered by my attempts to shackle it with RT-type paraphernalia.
Man, Bakernks... I am soooooo gald somebody else sees the conundrum the same way I do!
If you get one of the same FJR's we definitely have ot meet one day, either on R-1150-R's or on FJR's. It's obvious that in many ways we cogitate the same!
As an aside, I must say...
BMW - Are you out there? Are you listening? It may not mean much, but you got a couple of dedicated customers, who already love your products, thinking they need to shop elsewhere to get what they want...
Just my two rupees...
Cheers!
Dallara
Dallara
Thanks for the kind words. It really isn't prudent for me to buy the FJR, but life is for living and the only time I'm truly happy is when I'm riding. It could be I'm denied being able to ride ...tommorrow.... that's the way life is after 50. And I don't suffer regrets very well. I'll decide between the Tuning Fork FJR1300 and a Blue and White Prop 1200GS before spring. I'm gathering knowledge of both and the ordering details for the machines delivered just as I want them now,and will make a call I suspect by Thanksgiving, for Spring delivery.
My employer needs to announce a new product soon, and are expected to, and that basically gives me the green light.
Thanks for the kind words. It really isn't prudent for me to buy the FJR, but life is for living and the only time I'm truly happy is when I'm riding. It could be I'm denied being able to ride ...tommorrow.... that's the way life is after 50. And I don't suffer regrets very well. I'll decide between the Tuning Fork FJR1300 and a Blue and White Prop 1200GS before spring. I'm gathering knowledge of both and the ordering details for the machines delivered just as I want them now,and will make a call I suspect by Thanksgiving, for Spring delivery.
My employer needs to announce a new product soon, and are expected to, and that basically gives me the green light.
-
dallara
Prudence...
Hey, Bakernks...
When has buying a motorcycle... *ANY* motorcycle... been exactly prudent?
Saw in another thread where you got tagged and bagged in a divorce a few years ago. Went through one of those myself about a decade ago... Then I lived with an interesting lass for 6+ years until she decided I wasn't spending enough time with her, on her, etc. and bugged out 2 years ago... Funny thing was I was actually spending more time here in town toward the end. Prior to that I was travelling all the time with the race team... Weird, but who can figure out the way women think?
Anyway, it was after her departure I started really getting into riding again. I had the Kawasaki W-650 (and my old VFR) while she was around, but really didn't ride much, finally selling the W-650. After she trotted out I started shopping around and bought the R-1150-R, and I have been having a ball since. I spend a lot more time with my friends, work all I want, ride when I want, drink as much as I feel appropriate (
), etc.... and all without any of those accusations, etc. where someone else tries to make you feel guilty for simply doing what makes you happy... Funny, they don't mind telling ya' what will make them happy, but often times never ask what might make *YOU* happy...
Sooooooooooooo... I am gonna' buy whatever I desire, and the next woman that wants to take up residence in my reality is going to know up-front that I am gonna' do what I want to do when I wanna' do it!
Me, I have already made the decision on what ot buy next... One of these, of course:

Have all the numbers, made the deal I am happy with, know when it will be here, etc. It was even great fun doing the negotiation on the deal... I often forget how much fun it is to be the buyer (instead of the seller...), and my Yamaha dealer is a buddy, so it was all good-natured haggling.
Cobalt Blue. Manual clutch/tranny. 5 year warranty. 145 HP at the crank/124 HP at the rear wheel. 99 ft/lbs torque at the crank/88 ft/lbs at the rear wheel. Shaft driven. Nice luggage. Adjustable windscreen. 154 MPH top speed. Twin headlamps. Good range of display info. Large fuel capacity. Under 11 second quarter-mile times, so serious acceleration. Great dealer. Etc.
How can I go wrong for $13-K rolling out the door?
But, hey... If you get the R-1200-GS, that's all good, too! You can ride my FJR when we meet up in person!
Cheers!
Dallara
When has buying a motorcycle... *ANY* motorcycle... been exactly prudent?
Saw in another thread where you got tagged and bagged in a divorce a few years ago. Went through one of those myself about a decade ago... Then I lived with an interesting lass for 6+ years until she decided I wasn't spending enough time with her, on her, etc. and bugged out 2 years ago... Funny thing was I was actually spending more time here in town toward the end. Prior to that I was travelling all the time with the race team... Weird, but who can figure out the way women think?
Anyway, it was after her departure I started really getting into riding again. I had the Kawasaki W-650 (and my old VFR) while she was around, but really didn't ride much, finally selling the W-650. After she trotted out I started shopping around and bought the R-1150-R, and I have been having a ball since. I spend a lot more time with my friends, work all I want, ride when I want, drink as much as I feel appropriate (
Sooooooooooooo... I am gonna' buy whatever I desire, and the next woman that wants to take up residence in my reality is going to know up-front that I am gonna' do what I want to do when I wanna' do it!
Me, I have already made the decision on what ot buy next... One of these, of course:

Have all the numbers, made the deal I am happy with, know when it will be here, etc. It was even great fun doing the negotiation on the deal... I often forget how much fun it is to be the buyer (instead of the seller...), and my Yamaha dealer is a buddy, so it was all good-natured haggling.
Cobalt Blue. Manual clutch/tranny. 5 year warranty. 145 HP at the crank/124 HP at the rear wheel. 99 ft/lbs torque at the crank/88 ft/lbs at the rear wheel. Shaft driven. Nice luggage. Adjustable windscreen. 154 MPH top speed. Twin headlamps. Good range of display info. Large fuel capacity. Under 11 second quarter-mile times, so serious acceleration. Great dealer. Etc.
How can I go wrong for $13-K rolling out the door?
But, hey... If you get the R-1200-GS, that's all good, too! You can ride my FJR when we meet up in person!
Cheers!
Dallara
Yammie World
Wow..I missed the 5 year warranty part somewhere. Actually, the Yammie is the leader in my thoughts, the GS is just cool also. the 1200GS would be like the grown son of the 2 bikes I already have, so it's redundant really to have it, and the Yamaha truly brings something different to the garage. I mention prudent because I'm supposedly finishing the basement so I can sell the house so I can.. you know how that stuff goes. Or just get buy an '06 motorcycle so I have good start on a flush, right? '04,'05,'06! makes sense to me!
-
dallara
Yep, Bakernks...
Yep, Bakernks...
The Yamaha FJR-1300's come with one year of Yamaha factory warranty standard, and through the Yamaha YES (Yamaha Extended Service) plans you can add one, two, three, or four years to the warranty. Neat thing about doing this is that it is the exact same warranty as the original factory warranty, with exactly the same coverage, front to rear.
Depending on where you buy it (or the deal you can negotiate with your dealer) the additional four years (which brings you up to five years of warranty coverage) can be as high as $720.00, which is full list price IIRC, or as little as $389.00... Which is the lowest price I have seen for it through D&H Yamaha in Alabama (again, if I recall correctly). I just negotiated with my dealer and got it down to $400 bucks. It wasn't worth it ot argue over that extra $11 when he was already giving me a better deal than anyplace else I found on the bike, and actually less than he was going to sell me a 2005 for...
I know this sounds slightly crass, but he told me he really wanted me on an FJR, because he said he knew how many riders I influenced locally... I don't know if I have nearly the influence he alluded to, but I have sent him a ton of people to buy bikes, and I never tell those folks what I pay for bikes at his store so they don't go in asking for a lowball deal. I think he appreciates that and ehlps me out accordingly. Add to all this he still gives me my old dealer-to-dealer (we used to be competitors when I had my Honda store) discount on parts, and he cuts one hell of a deal on any labor when I have something worked on there, too. I just can't ask for any better deal than that...
Regarding your house and other projects... Yeah, I know how that goes!
Lots of stuff I should be doing rather than perhaps purchasing another motorcycle, but... Well... I just love 'em!
Hell, yesterday a good buddy of mine called me about what a 2004 Ducati Multistrada is worth, as he had a friend selling one with only 1,000 miles. We chatted for a while, and he mentioned that if he bought the Multistrada he would be selling his 2001 Kawasaki KLR-650 (which only has 1,900 miles). When he told me what he would take for the KLR I told him I was a player. I love KLR's, and I can get his for a song... *IF* he buys the Multistrada. Geez, I hope he does. I could use a good dual-purpose ride!
So, now I have to figure out how to make even more room in the garage!
Cheers!
Dallara
The Yamaha FJR-1300's come with one year of Yamaha factory warranty standard, and through the Yamaha YES (Yamaha Extended Service) plans you can add one, two, three, or four years to the warranty. Neat thing about doing this is that it is the exact same warranty as the original factory warranty, with exactly the same coverage, front to rear.
Depending on where you buy it (or the deal you can negotiate with your dealer) the additional four years (which brings you up to five years of warranty coverage) can be as high as $720.00, which is full list price IIRC, or as little as $389.00... Which is the lowest price I have seen for it through D&H Yamaha in Alabama (again, if I recall correctly). I just negotiated with my dealer and got it down to $400 bucks. It wasn't worth it ot argue over that extra $11 when he was already giving me a better deal than anyplace else I found on the bike, and actually less than he was going to sell me a 2005 for...
I know this sounds slightly crass, but he told me he really wanted me on an FJR, because he said he knew how many riders I influenced locally... I don't know if I have nearly the influence he alluded to, but I have sent him a ton of people to buy bikes, and I never tell those folks what I pay for bikes at his store so they don't go in asking for a lowball deal. I think he appreciates that and ehlps me out accordingly. Add to all this he still gives me my old dealer-to-dealer (we used to be competitors when I had my Honda store) discount on parts, and he cuts one hell of a deal on any labor when I have something worked on there, too. I just can't ask for any better deal than that...
Regarding your house and other projects... Yeah, I know how that goes!
Lots of stuff I should be doing rather than perhaps purchasing another motorcycle, but... Well... I just love 'em!
Hell, yesterday a good buddy of mine called me about what a 2004 Ducati Multistrada is worth, as he had a friend selling one with only 1,000 miles. We chatted for a while, and he mentioned that if he bought the Multistrada he would be selling his 2001 Kawasaki KLR-650 (which only has 1,900 miles). When he told me what he would take for the KLR I told him I was a player. I love KLR's, and I can get his for a song... *IF* he buys the Multistrada. Geez, I hope he does. I could use a good dual-purpose ride!
So, now I have to figure out how to make even more room in the garage!
Cheers!
Dallara
-
Danny Noonan
Rice rich diet
Yep, that is going to be one nice Japanesemotorcycle. No valve adjustments. Nice. Motor should last at least close to one hundred thousand miles...depending on if that odd stroke angle because of the crammed in parts doesn't cause enough friction and heat to burn her down prematurely. Yeppers. Nice Japanesemotorcycle yer gonna have thar.
Enjoy!
Enjoy!
