Test Post

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Guest

Post by Guest »

Optimus,

Thank you for the welcome (lil' gal, heh-heh). Hope I can entertain as well as whine for help.

I do note that there seem to be women on the board. Yay!
Some questions just don't translate.


HikerNot (aka Doug... I assume?)

The 'Hiker' nom d'email is a litle overstated. Most of my hiking is glorified dayhiking (but far and up!) in the Canadian Rockies. I manage to get there every other year or so. I plan to (dream of) taking my bike on the Icefield's Parkway and someday (soon, I hope) I will.

I haven't done anything w/ my profile. Maybe I should.

Hiker
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

So the logging in thing doesn't always seem to take...

Hiker :oops:
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
User avatar
beekstersocal
Lifer
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:01 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: oceanside ca

Post by beekstersocal »

welcome hiker .... i agree with a previous post about adding some fling to this board and some differant perspective ,looking forward to your post's 8)
ride it like you stole it
User avatar
queenpdog
Lifer
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:23 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Minneapolis
Contact:

Post by queenpdog »

Welcome Hiker,
It will be good to have another woman around here to help keep these boys in line. Sounds like you will fit right in. Just give back what they dish ya.
Let's hear about your bike!
Julia
two wheels good

http://www.bmwomen.com
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

I have to help keep them in line? Argh! All right then.

I've got a silver '04 w/ABS. Added the flyscreen (with obligatory cursing at the mounting arrangment) and clear lenses.

I have it in mind to ride down to the AMA Women's Conf June 2006, so I'm going to try to add a few things to make that a better trip (new seat, maybe hardbags, hyperlites.) I live in Michigan, so it's an adventure trip for me. Plenty of fodder for discussion.

Hiker :wink:
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Posts: 3644
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:37 pm
Donating Member #: 312
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.....aproaching retirement

Post by boxermania »

Hiker.....the next thing new members do is post pics of their ride......and off course, tell us about your ABS.....that is one of the most contested topics around here.

You will like it here, there is something for everyone and the people, are mostly nice and carefree.

BTW......I hope you realize that I was pulling both yours and JohnR's chain with the member number assignments.....I'm just a prankster at heart. :lol: :lol:
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

Sigh, OK. What's the easiest way to post a picture?

Can't be that hard...

Hiker
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
User avatar
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:29 am
Donating Member #: 1
Location: Enjoying retirement in Gainesville GA. USA
Contact:

Post by CycleRob »

Hiker,

I have a similar problem if I use the FireFox browser instead of MS Explorer. Explorer logs me in automatically when I select any section, even Pat's and Members sections. Looking above the blue bar above I see the icon with the label "Log out[CycleRob]", telling me I'm logged in and my (rear wheel) avatar and ID will brand the post. The FireFox browser doesn't log me in - - - even after I jump thru all the hoops, kick it, bend it, and change advanced settings. Very frustrating! I hope it's for some high security reason and not just because it's buggy software.

You may also want to reconsider your surf-at-work habit. The boss, if he wants to, can easily see records of where you've been - - - times, dates, places, etc. That could hurt you.
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
Shaman
Honorary Lifer
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:03 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Maine, USA
Contact:

Post by Shaman »

CycleRob wrote: The FireFox browser doesn't log me in - - - even after I jump thru all the hoops, kick it, bend it, and change advanced settings. Very frustrating!
When this happens, I clear my cache and I clear all my cookies.
Then I close the browser and restart it.
I come back to the site and I log in with "save password" checked.
When the firefox window comes up, I tell it to never remeber.

From them on the board cookie auto-logs me in and firefox ignores its security for this forum.
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

I'm using Safari, which makes me log in twice. Don't know why, it just seems the first try doesn't 'take'.

No worries, I just need to check if I'm logged in.

And you're right Cyclerob, that's a habit I need to break. Starting tomorrow.

Hiker
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
Doug
Site Admin
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:16 pm
Donating Member #: 1
Location: NY
Contact:

Post by Doug »

If anyone is still having log in issues, feel free to PM me.

Hiker - some poeple have to log in twice before it "Takes." I"m not sure why - its a bug I tried to fix, but cant! I guess we'll just live with it! You know you are properly logged in if it says up top "Log out [Hiker]"

About the shirts - we had a membership "marathon" where I had a few shirts to give to new members. They are all gone, and I had one extra Small sized shirt and Hiker was close enough to the member drive that I just sent it out.. I guess it fit Hiker??
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

It fit just fine, thanks!

I'm also using someone's advice for logging in. If you log in to your messages, it takes it the first time.

Hiker :wink:
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
Doug
Site Admin
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:16 pm
Donating Member #: 1
Location: NY
Contact:

Post by Doug »

Ahh, ok good tip. Thanks.
User avatar
JCsman
Lifer
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:26 am
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama

Post by JCsman »

I began logging onto the Playhouse and the double tap requirement stopped.

Just have to join and pay (hint, hint). :lol:



Where else can a 'LIFETIME" of pleasure be had for $60.



Oooops, forgot. Welcome aboard, Hiker.
- Bill #438, Lifetime
If I'm going to grow up, I'd better hurry.....oh well.
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

Thanks, Bill. If you're hinting I should opt for the lifetime donation...well there's always next year.

It's a great board.

Hiker
:wink:
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
Post Reply