Page 2 of 2

Thanks

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:39 pm
by Dodge
I realize that this thread is a little old now, but I didn't get a chance to pick-up and install the O rings until this week. I'm also left handed so perhaps that had something to do with the easy installation, (being in my right mind and all... :roll:
Anyhow I just wanted to add my Thanks, the quick test ride that I took indicated that the mirrors were clear up to 70mph, (I didn't try anything faster), with moderate acceleration, and I had to exceed 4k to begin the blurring effect, did that in 2nd. Overall I found it to be a significant improvement, and as a special bonus I was able to set the mirrors a little wider allowing me to see further to the sides which I've sorely missed.

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:19 am
by frozennorth
KEWL 8) What else can you say about a great idea :idea:

Re: CURED! The Curse of the Buzzing Mirrors ....

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:28 am
by Grey Thumper
I was thinking of a replacement for the buzzy lollipops, although I actually like the look of them (they, uh, "mirror" the shape of the twin round headlights, IMHO).

I stumbled across this old thread and just wanted to "up" it. Awesome tip. Simple, effective, and the cost-to-benefit ratio is off the scale.

PS, I used two O-rings above the mirror attachment point, and one below (above the nut).

Re: CURED! The Curse of the Buzzing Mirrors ....

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:24 pm
by macx
Right on! Great "eureka" moment!

I did make some improvement in mine with heavier bar end weights, but there's
still enuf fuzz in the mirror at road rpms to make it difficult to distinguish
friendlies from the stasi.

That's next on my list, along with some loctite on the threads - my left mirror kept
wanting to loosen and flop around, o-rings probly make loctite more of a must-do.

Thanks!!!

Re: CURED! The Curse of the Buzzing Mirrors ....

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:28 am
by Dr. Strangelove
Mac, please post your results