First Longish Trip
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:18 pm
This past weekend I embarked on my first long, for me, trip on my 1150R. The plan was to head north in New York State and onto Vermont. I left on Friday, in some very windy condition to Windham, NY. My parents have a condo there, so I figured this would be a good jump off point.
The next morning, I headed out to Lake Placid. I set the Garmin to take me to Lake Placid, avoiding Highways, preferring medium roads.
Loon Lake, NY

It worked beautifully until this:

I had a suspicion about the route when I came to a sign that said LAKE PLACID 26 Miles, pointing left, but the Garmin said "turn right" It took me on about a 26 mile detour. Not a big deal, but annoying none the less.
Approaching Lake Placid, Whiteface Mountain in the distance:



Real snow, in June!!!


Lake Placid is a very nice town, especially in the summer. Awesome roads all around the area in Adirondack Park.
Packed and ready to go. On to Smuggler's Notch, VT, where my sister was vacationing with her family.


Lake Champlain


VT Route 17, very steep and very sharp 180 deg. turns.

Total stats for the trip:

I really didn't to take too many pics. It's not too easy to stop when you're cruising along with the XM kickin and you're making good time. Next time I'll try harder.
The next morning, I headed out to Lake Placid. I set the Garmin to take me to Lake Placid, avoiding Highways, preferring medium roads.
Loon Lake, NY

It worked beautifully until this:

I had a suspicion about the route when I came to a sign that said LAKE PLACID 26 Miles, pointing left, but the Garmin said "turn right" It took me on about a 26 mile detour. Not a big deal, but annoying none the less.
Approaching Lake Placid, Whiteface Mountain in the distance:



Real snow, in June!!!


Lake Placid is a very nice town, especially in the summer. Awesome roads all around the area in Adirondack Park.
Packed and ready to go. On to Smuggler's Notch, VT, where my sister was vacationing with her family.


Lake Champlain


VT Route 17, very steep and very sharp 180 deg. turns.

Total stats for the trip:

I really didn't to take too many pics. It's not too easy to stop when you're cruising along with the XM kickin and you're making good time. Next time I'll try harder.