and so it's time to say "so long"

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
m49512
Basic User
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:13 am

and so it's time to say "so long"

Post by m49512 »

Hi. I've been a regular visitor to this board for almost 3 years...but now it is time to move on. I recently traded in my 04 R1150R for a Triumph Rocket III Classic Cruiser. I won't go into the reasons why...although I am extremely happy with the bike - totally different experience, but just as much fun as the R. I will miss coming to this forum to learn new things, but will drop by on occassion just for fun. Thanks to everyone for making this such a great board! Mark
acejones
Basic User
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 6:59 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Diamondhead, MS

Post by acejones »

Congratulations on the Rocket III. I still miss my Thunderbird Sport.
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer
Posts: 4776
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:26 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Melbourne

Post by DJ Downunder »

Mark, Congrats on the new Rocket III..they're a great bike...Ride safe.

DJ
Daryl_stamp
Lifer
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:55 pm

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Check out the manufacturing methods on Youtube.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc
Or lookup "Triumph Rocket III" 21st Century Manufacturing.
I like the Monty Python slant.

DLS
Buckster
Lifer
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:53 pm
Donating Member #: 543
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by Buckster »

I'm sure that Rocket has some torque and speed that you will not get from the R. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Personally don't like the cruiser riding position. Have fun and ride safe!
Buckster '03R
#543
Post Reply