Page 1 of 1

Oldest Trick in the World!

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:46 am
by mickyt
Don't know if this has been posted before ...

http://www.elevationgeneration.org/blog ... the-world/

Re: Oldest Trick in the World!

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:48 pm
by Acpantera
Way too cool!!!!

Re: Oldest Trick in the World!

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm
by Mollygrubber
... damn, now I need one of those TOO!

I can't believe that worked! Wonder how many tries it took... judging by the exuberance, more than one!

Think I'll watch that again...

Re: Oldest Trick in the World!

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:13 pm
by Mark
Not bad for a fake - IMHO.

To my way of thinking this is not possible but I would like to know how it was done. Possibly tweaking the video post production or was there some more mechanical way of setting the table with a clear top sheet under the items that stayed in place while the cloth was slid out from underneath.

As far as I can tell - there was insufficient speed at the point where the tension was applied to the cloth in order for it to accomplish a simple setting let alone such a long multiple table setting.

Nice to watch all the same.

Re: Oldest Trick in the World!

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:40 am
by Mollygrubber
... argh, you bursted my balloon... :(

FWIW, a stock S1000RR (mirrors removed) just beat the AMA Superbike lap record at (track name I forget) recently, according to the BMWMOA website. Not enough speed you say?!?

Re: Oldest Trick in the World!

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:07 pm
by celticus
When I saw this trick it looked like a fake to me also. 'Oldest Trick In The World". A trick trick.
Cool bike though.

Re: Oldest Trick in the World!

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:58 pm
by ShinySideUp
Wow... Do you have to do this before they'll sell you a S1000RR? Sheesh!

Re: Oldest Trick in the World!

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:29 pm
by tinytrains

Re: Oldest Trick in the World!

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 am
by Caol
Very cool, Scott!

:lol: :lol: :lol: