Page 1 of 1

Burly sound with a less expensive exhaust mod?

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:00 pm
by sunny72
Any opinions out there about basic exhaust options? I'm looking for a little education about it.

My last bike was much less awesome than my R12R but the exhaust note was much funner. I don't want to blast any eardrums but I would really like to rev the engine to get the attention of the person on the cell phone in the car next to me. That used to work well with the Ducati. With the R sometimes I feel like George Jetson.

I don't know that much about it and I'm mostly looking for a throatier growl that might be heard in traffic but isn't as loud as a jet plane. I'm not sure what too look for or what "features" I should be paying for.

Any opinions about the best choice? I've read on here: Remus, Akrapovic, ztechnic...
Are there any less expensive options? Seems like I'm only looking for a change in tone... The bike has plenty of power for me now so I don't care too much about eeking out small amounts more unless it's just a bonus.

:?

Thanks!

Re: Burly sound with a less expensive exhaust mod?

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:37 pm
by Kieran R1200R
I put the remus on because of look and it is not loud at all, very disappointing because I got it from USA and they didn't post Internationally so I had to forward it to a USA address and from there to my home, a lot of messing and a very disappointing result.
I have since heard a Akapovic on a R12R and it sounds great, I wouldn't waste any time looking for anything else.
Save your money and go the Aka, it looks good to with a duel pipe off the cat!

Good luck!!

Re: Burly sound with a less expensive exhaust mod?

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:05 pm
by Rocket
Kieran R1200R wrote:I put the remus on because of look and it is not loud at all, very disappointing because I got it from USA and they didn't post Internationally so I had to forward it to a USA address and from there to my home, a lot of messing and a very disappointing result.
I have since heard a Akapovic on a R12R and it sounds great, I wouldn't waste any time looking for anything else.
Save your money and go the Aka, it looks good to with a duel pipe off the cat!

Good luck!!
Your bike may not sound as exciting as you would like , but it sure looks a treat mate. I've organised the annual calendar for the last 2 years so I 've studied a few R1200R photos and yours is one the of the very best I 've seen. (Also agree what you said in the other post about how great it is to ride. Pity our friend sold his so quick. He appeared really keen at first, then it was gone.