Moonrise Over the San Joaquin Valley
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:05 am
Hello Gang,
After about a month of cold, wet, and dreary days the weather has started to clear up here in Northern California. It's been great commuting this week to work on the R. As a special treat the sunset, moonrise, and full moon all coincided with my ride home yesterday. There was still thick cloud cover over the Sierras so the moon wasn't as clear and large as it can be, but still spectacular. Well worth stopping to enjoy. Fortuitously, I just happened to have a photographer friend handy to capture the moment. Here's his "best" shot:

A full size (high resolution) picture is at:
http://www.kivas.com/BMW/R12R_Moon1.jpg
Thought I might submit for next years calendar?
Enjoy!
Mark_1
After about a month of cold, wet, and dreary days the weather has started to clear up here in Northern California. It's been great commuting this week to work on the R. As a special treat the sunset, moonrise, and full moon all coincided with my ride home yesterday. There was still thick cloud cover over the Sierras so the moon wasn't as clear and large as it can be, but still spectacular. Well worth stopping to enjoy. Fortuitously, I just happened to have a photographer friend handy to capture the moment. Here's his "best" shot:

A full size (high resolution) picture is at:
http://www.kivas.com/BMW/R12R_Moon1.jpg
Thought I might submit for next years calendar?
Enjoy!
Mark_1