Page 1 of 1

Do YOU have an Akrapovic slip on?

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 pm
by seangd
...if so, where did you get it, and how much? I'm in Austin Texas and Cycle Gear wants $880, and it's the only supplier I've found. Its gotta be cheaper than that somewhere. Anyone?

Re: Do YOU have an Akrapovic slip on?

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:17 pm
by Matt
You could get one from Amazon with free delivery

http://www.amazon.com/AKRAPOVIC-MUFFLER ... 09&sr=1-10

Re: Do YOU have an Akrapovic slip on?

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 am
by MMilbrett
I've been looking at mufflers recently and am looking at the Akrapovic and the Staintune. The sound is close to the same from what I can tell on YouTube, but that will be different than in person. The best price I have seen on the Akra is from Amazon so far, and the Staintune is $599 at Helmet Head. I will probably be going with the Staintune solely because of pricing.

Mike

Re: Do YOU have an Akrapovic slip on?

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 am
by LumpyCam
Timely as I was just about to pull the trigger on an Akrapovic tomorrow. My hands still get sweaty when i pick up the phone to make the call though as it is a lot of cash and i think of the camera lenses i could buy instead.

A local shop here in Vancouver has a solid web store for a few pennies less than Amazon at $792 USD. I've dealt with them many times before and they're great.
http://www.baysideperformance.com/index ... ts_id=8664

For the Canadians in the room you can grab one for $794 CDN (no duties):
http://www.baysideperformance.ca/index. ... ts_id=8664

Happy redlining.

dan.