Page 1 of 1

Protecting wiring

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:45 pm
by makia
Hi
I have an R150R 2001 The protective sheathing for the wiring is breaking down and needs replacing. I was wondering if anyone had ideas to fix this. There is a product soft seal by CRC which is good to keep out moisture and maybe a black cloth tape? There are plastic coils also a black plastic (snake skin like sheath) which you would have to remove the connectors.
So and ideas would be great.

Re: Protecting wiring

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:15 pm
by towerworker
Removing connectors may prove a daunting task plus increasing the chance of error in re-installation. Wrapping with cloth tape would be a good step, another possibility is the spiral coil like stuff you can buy at commercial electrical distributers..http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/PANDUI ... Wrap-1LEZ5
The spiral stuff from Panduit comes in different colors too. Wrap it then tape it. What ever you use should be removable without causing alot of trouble.

Re: Protecting wiring

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:37 pm
by Sunbeemer
Mine did the same thing, and I first wrapped the damaged areas with electricians tape, but that only lasted a couple years. Then I stripped off all the old broken sheathing and wrapped the wiring with silicone self-vulacanizing tape and stuffed it into plastic wire looms. At the same time I moved the horn and removed its bracket which was chafing a bunch of wires behind the headlight. I think it will last as long as I need it too...