Page 1 of 1
ABS servo filling tool
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 pm
by milehighboater
By chance is there anyone in colorado with the filler funnel for the abs servo? I just don't really want to spend 50 dollars on a tool ill only use 3 or 4 times.
Re: ABS servo filling tool
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:12 am
by towerworker
I couldn't find the place where I bought mine but this link will get you something from amazon that will work for very little money. You want a long stem clear funnel, and a rubber stopper sized to shove into the various reservoirs on the ABS pump. I made mine for a few dollars and works great. Drill out the stopper and shove the stem of the funnel into the stopper. Drilling out the stopper was the most difficult part of the entire job. Takes repeated passes with the drill bit to clean out all the loose bits of rubber. You want to be very careful to clean it all out, as any microscopic bits of rubber (or you could use a cork stopper) in the ABS pump is a really big problem. I've used mine many times with great results.
http://www.amazon.com/Amico-Laboratory- ... tic+funnel
Re: ABS servo filling tool
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:04 pm
by macx
Hey, that's a great low buck solution!
I got the one from Beemer Boneyard and altho a bunch more
than that one, was still cheaper than the BMW one if I remember.
Another little tip, first time to loosen the bleeder screws on the
ABS unit, use a 6 point socket. Mine were gosh-awful tight!
An open end wrench or 12 point socket would for sure have rounded
them instead of loosening them. THAT would not be good!
Then get yourself the longest handle combo wrench you can to fit
them - there's a couple of them where a short wrench is just
really tough. I think I found one at Sears that's maybe 6" long.
Good luck!