Page 1 of 1

Parabellum Scout fairing photos

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:53 pm
by Ebet
Hi, folks:

I finally have photos of the new Parabellum Scout fairing I installed on my R1150R. Had it painted to match the Ferro bike color. The challenge was installing it with the "Ricky bars" in place, but Genna of Gadget Guy was able to help. This is the 16" screen, which I have found provides great protection. I know many prefer a shorter screen, but I have tried those and they never worked that well for me. I can see over the top of this one and it does not interfere with splitting lanes. Anyway, thought you guys might like to see it.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/goebet/album?.dir=/151c

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:02 pm
by ljasonb
Looks great! I had mine painted Piedmont Red to match. I have two screens, a short tinted 10 inch and a tall 16 inch clear for winter. The tall one is custom cut with the same top shape as the shorty. Makes seeing over it perfect for me. Gotta get pics loaded up somewhere. I really dig the Jessie bags on your Roadster.

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:21 pm
by Ebet
Thank you! The Jesses have been great, and they hold an incredible amount of gear. The only disadvantage is that they mount so low on this bike that they scrape on certain corners. So now I hang off a bit to decrease the lean angle when I suspect it's going to happen.

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:34 pm
by mnnden
Ebet, Very nice, could you show a couple of pictures showing a side view?
I don't think I have ever seen an "R" with the Jesse bags, and from what I can see, I really like the look. Thanks Den

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:41 pm
by dilligaf
Ebet,
Your bike looks great, how's the shield on wind protection? I like that front fender also, in fact i just ordered one from SANTA CRUZ BMW and was wondering if you had any installation tips? Also do you have any more pics before the shield with just the fender? I'm curious(worried) about how the front end will look without the "beak" to visually fill in the space between the bottom of the headlight and the top of the fender, what are your thoughts? How did it look to you?

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:57 pm
by Ebet
Thanks, guys. I will take a few side-view snaps showing the Jesse cases and post them soon. I get the most comments on those, since I have heard that very few 1150Rs have the Jesse cases.

Regarding the second set of questions, this fairing/shield combination provides the best wind protection I have ever experienced. For the first time, I can ride fast with my helmet open without the wind slamming it shut. I am only 5' 4" so the 16" screen option is great, and I can just see over it. A tall rider might prefer the 18" or higher. As far as installation of the fender, the dealer did it for me, and I remember they commented that it was a tight fit, but I'm not sure of the details. The fender was only on for a couple of days before the screen so I did not get any photos of the in-between stage, but as I recall it looked good. It did not seem unbalanced to me, bu then again I also prefer the look of the narrow fender, for my own personal taste.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:28 pm
by Ebet
Okay, the third and fourth photos in the album linked below show more views of the bike and the Jesse cases. I think the effect is kind of an urban street-fighter look. Since I don't exactly look the part (think: extra-small female rider) I get some surprised reactions when I walk up to the bike! The good news is that I can ride in any neighborhood and no one bothers me. :-)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/goebet/album?.dir=/151c

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:43 pm
by BMWChef
Ebet,
Great Pics! Nice fairing and set up with the Jesse bags and Wunderlich seat bag. Where were the pictures taken? It looks like around Evergreen, Colorado? It's been a long time since I lived there but the pics brought back fond memories of the Colorado of my youth...just curious.

Aloha,
Chef

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:33 pm
by Pat
Wow, wow, and WOW!

I'm a sucker for that particular color Roadster,
I've always liked the attitude of the Jesse's on an R1150R,
and I'm giving (passing) thought to the Scout for my Bonnie (especially if the guy sells me his Hapko Becker hard bags....).

I would have to say, without a doubt,
that never a picture of a more serious (and functionally equipped) bikerider's Roadster has EVER been posted here!

I wanna be like you when I grow up.
(y'all can read anything you want into that.....)

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:42 am
by Guest
Wow, thanks! My Roadster must be positively beaming with pride out in the garage. Now if I can only live up to the bike's tough image. Guess I'll have to try to qualify for the Iron Butt Association, maybe riding to Colorado as you mention.... :-)

Let's see...I took picture #1 in Cloverdale, California, which is a few hours from San Francisco. #2 is in San Luis Obispo, CA at the hot springs. #3 and #4 are on Mount Baldy, in the mountains north of Pomona, not too far from Los Angeles, believe it or not. En Route, the Roadster had to do its GS imitation up a very rocky, gravel.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:36 am
by DJ Downunder
Nice screen...nice bike...I heard you can fill those Jesse's with ice and keep a few cold-ones in there for after a hot ride... :D

DJ

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:46 am
by Guest
It's true! I also found out that an outdoor equipment company called Mountainsmith makes modular bags that fit the Jesses almost perfectly as liners. They are only $13 for the standard "liners" and $30 for insulated coolers - so your ice (and other things) won't melt from the heat of the exhaust system:

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/produc ... LUCLPQ3GUC