Page 1 of 2
Test Post
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:14 pm
by Hiker
Sorry, just a test to try out my 'membership'.
(I must be a member. Doug sent me a t-shirt!
Hiker
Aha!
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:15 pm
by Hiker
Hmmmm.... no member number. Very suspicious...
Hiker
?
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:22 pm
by Hiker
Maybe not supposed to have a number. Maybe depends where/how I log in...
I've got my own little junk thread going here...
Wheee...
Hiker
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:25 pm
by JohnR
Hey Hiker,
I like your sense of humor. Welcome---from a guy that has posted less than you.
-John-
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:52 pm
by boxermania
Gents.....to make you both happy I'm taking matters on my own hands and have assigned JohnR #69 and Hiker #96.....I hope that you are pleased with your respective assignments.
BTW, welcome aboard

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:14 am
by Hiker13
Well, your number assignment may be more appropriate than you think.
For the record, this Hiker is anatomically unable to fufill the requirements of 'Gent'.
Thanks for the welcome!
Hiker
aka Sonja

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:15 am
by Hiker13
For some reason, when I log in from work, I get called guest.
No matter, Hiker13 = Hiker.
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:03 am
by geechie
Welcome Sonja, aka Hiker,
This board could occasionally benefit from the civilizing influence of a women.
Not that you're civilized simply because of your gender.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Oh, crap! I think I've stepped in something.
This is a test, right?
Watch out for DJ.
George
The Fall Of Civilization
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:25 am
by Hiker13
No civilized behavior here, just the usual plantive "Help me, what battery charger do I use, my seat is uncomfortable and my butt hurts, what's the best lightweight jacket, what are the best boots, did I pay to much for _______, my dealer is an a**hole, what's the part number for________, I'm a veggie, you're momma's a Teletubby" posts.
I'm already watching out for DJ. How come the rest of you don't post your pictures so much? (Friendly wave to DJ, I might be over that way sometime in the future.)
Hiker
Re: Test Post
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:27 am
by Shaman
Hiker wrote:Sorry, just a test to try out my 'membership'.
(I must be a member. Doug sent me a t-shirt!
Hiker
You do not have to be a R1150r member to get member access to the board.
It is not the same thing.
if you paid dues and became a R1150R member, then you will get a number assigned and then Doug will give you access to the Members Section and Pat's Playhouse.
If you would like a 'custom' avatar, read up on the thread in the members area once you get access.
Welcome to the board.
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:35 am
by Hiker13
Shaman,
I did recently pay dues and got a note (and even a t-Shirt) from Doug.
Am I supposed to have a number?
I haven't checked access to the member's section. Maybe I should go look.
I've noticed that when I log in form work (

), it's not the same as when I log in from home. For example, it doesn't want to recognize me as Hiker. Says the name is taken.
Heck, sorry if I'm boring the board to tears with this admin stuff.
Hiker
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:37 am
by Hiker
Whoa! I can get to the Member's section AND Pat's playhouse.
Uh-oh.
Hiker
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:40 am
by Shaman
Hiker13 wrote:
I've noticed that when I log in form work (

), it's not the same as when I log in from home. For example, it doesn't want to recognize me as Hiker. Says the name is taken.
r
If it says the name is taken, you might be clicking on register instead of log-in. If you are trying to log in it should only give you 2 things.
1. you log in
2. your login/password is incorrect, try again or register.
I forgot how Doug wants people to get access, there are two ways.
1. PM Doug and ask for access.
2. Click on USERGROUPS above
- click on members
- click on subscribe
- Doug or a mod will then have to approve it.
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:38 am
by Hiker
Shaman,
I seem to HAVE access. I think I am happy (therefore, I am).
Thank you!
Hiker
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:55 am
by Boxer
DJ's a showoff! Ignore him.
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:25 am
by Hiker
Provide a substitute.
Hiker
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:32 am
by Acacia
We get a T shirt when we become a member?
Do we?

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:38 am
by Hiker
No, I get a T-Shirt because I'm smaller than you lot.
The glass slipper happened to fit. Hey, it happens.
Good CYA, Doug?
Hiker
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:05 pm
by Optimus Prime
Hiker wrote:No, I get a T-Shirt because I'm smaller than you lot.
The glass slipper happened to fit. Hey, it happens.
This little gal's gonna fit right in.
Welcome Hiker.

LogIn
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:29 pm
by HikerNot
Hiker,
Log in from different networks is, to use a technical term, 'weird'.
Basically, if the network accepts cookies and the firewall allows redirected pages, then a straightforward log-in should yield your correct username with password and after 2 tries, should reflect that in the spaces above the threads.
I always enter from
http://www.r1150r.org/board rather than through the main site.
I sometimes log-in, but usually use the most appropriate alias I can conjure for the moment.
I am to be regarded with disdain or at least with grudging respect or maybe just tolerated.
GUESS WHO I AM!!!
joking.
Welcome aboard.
PS
Do you hike much? East/west -- off to read your profile.