Page 1 of 1
Pilot Road 2 180/55ZR-17 OK for R1150R?
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:15 pm
by harveyrawn
I've tried to order a rear tire from Motorcycle Superstore to replace my Pilot Road 2 170/60ZR-17 with 14,000 miles on it, but it apparently is no longer available. They sell a Pilot Road 2 180/55ZR-17 that is slightly larger. My front tire is a Pilot Road 2 120/70ZR-17.
Would the larger tire fit the bike and complement the existing front tire OK?
Re: Pilot Road 2 180/55ZR-17 OK for R1150R?
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:40 pm
by AZBMWRIDER
I've had no problems getting a stock replacement PR4 for the rear 170/55 17 .
PR2's may not be available in all sizes anymore, I believe they were discontinued a while ago for newer PR series tires .
Re: Pilot Road 2 180/55ZR-17 OK for R1150R?
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:56 pm
by harveyrawn
How do you like your PR4s? I've heard mixed opinions of them.
Re: Pilot Road 2 180/55ZR-17 OK for R1150R?
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:34 pm
by EasyBee
There's a thread on the PR4 here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34016
Re: Pilot Road 2 180/55ZR-17 OK for R1150R?
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:01 pm
by harveyrawn
harveyrawn wrote:I've tried to order a rear tire from Motorcycle Superstore to replace my Pilot Road 2 170/60ZR-17 with 14,000 miles on it, but it apparently is no longer available. They sell a Pilot Road 2 180/55ZR-17 that is slightly larger. My front tire is a Pilot Road 2 120/70ZR-17.
Would the larger tire fit the bike and complement the existing front tire OK?
A follow-up question: If I mount the newer Pilot Road 3 170/60ZR-17 on the rear and keep the Pilot Road 2 120/70ZR-17 on the front, will the bike handle any differently than it has with the PR2 on the rear?
Re: Pilot Road 2 180/55ZR-17 OK for R1150R?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:03 am
by Buckster
?[/quote]
A follow-up question: If I mount the newer Pilot Road 3 170/60ZR-17 on the rear and keep the Pilot Road 2 120/70ZR-17 on the front, will the bike handle any differently than it has with the PR2 on the rear?[/quote]
Handling will be the same. I had the same set up for a while. I will be trying the Pilot Powers next.
Re: Pilot Road 2 180/55ZR-17 OK for R1150R?
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:27 am
by harveyrawn
Buckster wrote:?
A follow-up question: If I mount the newer Pilot Road 3 170/60ZR-17 on the rear and keep the Pilot Road 2 120/70ZR-17 on the front, will the bike handle any differently than it has with the PR2 on the rear?[/quote]
Handling will be the same. I had the same set up for a while. I will be trying the Pilot Powers next.[/quote]
Thanks! I've ordered the tire.