Buy '04 w/out Warranty?
Moderator: Moderators
-
photo geek
- Basic User
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:34 am
Buy '04 w/out Warranty?
Greetings, new to the site, and possibly a new ‘R’ owner. I’ve come across an ‘04 w/ 2,000 miles, it was crashed but all damage looks superficial. Mechanically sound, rides great, sounds great, but since it was salvaged by the insurance company it will not have the BMW 3 yr/36K warranty. So, would you consider buying it for $6,000? Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
-
MikeCam
- Centurion Moderator!
- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:05 pm
- Location: Conway River, Virginia
No
No. Run away.
Wholesale prices for Oct-Dec are in the 4200-5200 range for the model. Salvage is definitely less value and nominally non-resaleble. Many states won't title it either.
Perhaps a price in the 3k range would be practical.
Wholesale prices for Oct-Dec are in the 4200-5200 range for the model. Salvage is definitely less value and nominally non-resaleble. Many states won't title it either.
Perhaps a price in the 3k range would be practical.
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
-
Pat
- Honorary Lifer
- Posts: 990
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:40 pm
- Location: The Central Valley of California, Stockton
hmmmm...... $6,000.00 for a two year old wrecked/used Beemer, with no factory warranty.
First of all, wonderful as these bikes are..... they seemingly don't hold their resale value. I'll be willing to bet that you might be able to find another Rockster or Roadster in pristine condition, low mileage, WITH full warranty coverage for a little more money.
I sold my 2002 Roadster w/ABS and it's 60,000 miles for $5,500.00..... and the gentleman had the remainder of my factory warranty to cover him just in case!
I don't know, it sounds like they are simply asking what they think they might be able to fetch for the bike, and it's not especially a "good deal." If the bike didn't have the history you spoke of, and it had a full warranty, "$6,000.00" sounds appealing, but nothing more.
Buying either a Rockster or a Roadster on the other hand, may well be one of the most gratifying things you will look back upon as having ever done!
I wouldn't be quick to jump on the above mentioned bike, but I would encourage you not to hesitate to step up to the plate when you find the R1150R that "talks-to-you"....!
First of all, wonderful as these bikes are..... they seemingly don't hold their resale value. I'll be willing to bet that you might be able to find another Rockster or Roadster in pristine condition, low mileage, WITH full warranty coverage for a little more money.
I sold my 2002 Roadster w/ABS and it's 60,000 miles for $5,500.00..... and the gentleman had the remainder of my factory warranty to cover him just in case!
I don't know, it sounds like they are simply asking what they think they might be able to fetch for the bike, and it's not especially a "good deal." If the bike didn't have the history you spoke of, and it had a full warranty, "$6,000.00" sounds appealing, but nothing more.
Buying either a Rockster or a Roadster on the other hand, may well be one of the most gratifying things you will look back upon as having ever done!
I wouldn't be quick to jump on the above mentioned bike, but I would encourage you not to hesitate to step up to the plate when you find the R1150R that "talks-to-you"....!
Member #31
-
scottybooj
- Lifer
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:16 am
- Location: Long Island, NY
-
Capt. Blackadder
- Basic User
- Posts: 503
- Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:35 am
- Location: USA, Arizona, Chandler
- Contact:
