Page 1 of 2

The biggest Christmas present ever

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:02 pm
by Capt. Blackadder
My brothers and sisters,

Let it be known the world over that my wife and I have received our biggest Christmas present ever: a newborn baby boy. Our adoption of little baby Alex became final December 15th, and we've been scrambling to assemble all the necessary baby paraphernalia to take proper care of him. Family and friends are pitching in left and right, and we're simply inundated with cards, presents and good wishes from all over the world.

Feel free to see some photos of him and us on our blog page by clicking the "WWW" button below. The blogs themselves are all in Icelandic, though, at least for now.

What an incredible change in just a few days. We're sure to have the best Christmas ever.

Peace and good cheer to all.

:smt114

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:17 pm
by mnnden
Capt, Congratulations!! I viewed the pictures, in a word "Incredible"
We were just blessed with a new Granddaughter in Oct. You are in for a wonderful ride my friend, enjoy!!!! Den

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:25 pm
by Biff's R
Congratulations Capt!

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:35 pm
by jonothan
Awesome. And at such an emotive time, at Christmas.

One thing most people fail to realise is that adoption can change the parents' lives so fast although it always such a welcome and wanted change. But there's no nine month run-up in which to get used to the idea and prepare. Maybe just a week or so.

I wish you and your wife good luck, and welcome to your new addition.

All the best!

J

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:31 pm
by MidlifeMark
Congratulations, Captain! That is the most wonderful Christmas gift in the world, for you, your wife, and your son.

Don't forget, the days are long, but the years are very short.

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:36 pm
by wncbmw
Congrats. Lucky boy to be wanted. Enjoy it, cause it won't be long before they are gone. +1 on what MidlifeMark said.

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:53 pm
by big papa
Congrats!! I was adopted as a baby. Great pics!

Bill

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:14 pm
by 1MPH
Way to go, giving that baby such a great christmas present.
He's a lucky little dude. You and your wife are special people.

Jack

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:16 pm
by rchop
Congrats Capt'n...great pics :D Peace and good luck to you and your family!

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:30 pm
by TonyT607
Congrats Captain !

What a wonderful thing you and your wife have done. He's one lucky little dude.

So when are we gonna see pictures of him on board a CRF50F ?

Merry Christmas !

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:39 pm
by DJ Downunder
Congrats capt....real nice.. :smt023

DJ

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:27 am
by Deans BMW
Dittos to all above

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:35 am
by Boxer
Captain, thanks for sharing. Congratulations! The little movie clips made my wife cry. She just loves babies! :)

I perused some of your other albums as well. The wedding pics were very nice. Was that in Iceland?

I'm sure there's a great story in how you ended up in Arizona. You'll have to tell us sometime.

Merry Christmas!

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:15 pm
by arkline
Congratulations. Life will now be much more complicated but simplified too. A happy healthy child is a great achievement under any circumstances.

Best wishes to all of you.

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:06 pm
by socalrob
Great news. You have lots of great years ahead to look forward to. While a challenge, babies can be pretty cool.

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:10 am
by scottybooj
congrats blackadder! enjoy!

btw, I didn't see a WWW button...was it removed? therefore, i did not get to view pics/movie of the new addition!

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:06 am
by Capt. Blackadder
Thank you, one and all, for the congrats and good wishes.

Scotty, right below this message, below the image of the helmet and gloves, you'll find a row of buttons: Profile, PM, Email, WWW, and ICQ. You know which one to click. :mrgreen:

Boxer... yes, the wedding pics were taken in Iceland. My wife and I were actually first married in Scottsdale, AZ in 1998, but we renewed our vows and threw a huge party for friends and family on the summer solstice of 2003. Best party I've ever been to, and I've had more than my share!

Tony, you nailed it... I'll be sure to get the little guy aboard a dirt bike as soon as both of us feel comfortable with it. Wait a tick... that means that I have to get a dirt bike as well! Wow, what a brilliant excuse to add to the stable. I've had my eye on that new Kawasaki KLX250S for a while now.

Mark, I think I'll take your words to heart, in that the days are long but the years are very short. We'll be seizing the days... and throttling them.

Jonothan, you don't know how right you are. We had no nine months, but more like nine hours to get comfortable with the fact that it wasn't just the two of us anymore! We're coping nicely, though, and enjoying our new roles in life.

Den, big congrats on your new granddaughter! Here's wishing you and her a grand old time together for years to come.

Cheers, all! :smt023

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:30 pm
by domekrome
Wonderful news for you, congratulations.

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:27 pm
by Bud
Congrats on the new family member. Your lives will never be the same and you will look back on this point in your lives as pivotal. Ours grew up so fast that I still can't believe I now have grandchildren. Seems like just yesterday that I was taking all of us to Yosemite.....but when I look at the pictures in our photo album I see that I'm about 30 pounds lighter and have more hair. :lol:

God bless your new child.

Bud

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:04 am
by JToole
Happy New Year in this, a wonderful year of many "firsts"! :D