Where to find "riding paradise" and a map tip too- Southeast

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

PrinceBooger
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Where to find "riding paradise" and a map tip too- Southeast

Post by PrinceBooger »

I ventured into great rides which I haven't done in a while. I hope all went off as planned and you encountered great weather, attentive motorists, and no unforeseen challenges. The advise to travel during the weekdays is a good one and I found a far greater concern for deer (and bear) in Virginia. I rode it up and back on an 09' trip to Pennsylvania.

I wanted to pass on a great tip which I didn't see others give, MadMaps. They have multiple "riding loops" highlighted and have descriptions of what you will encounter as well as rest stops and gas station opportunities and the overall mileage and approximate time to accomplish. They are also made of waterproof material and quite more durable and lasting compared to paper.

I'm in Florida where I have to "scour" to find many "bends" at all and my all time favorite base camp for motorcycling "heaven" is in Blairsville, Georgia. My wifey and I can day-trip the North Georgia Mountains (10 stars), Western and Central North Carolina (the Dragon and Snake and everything great in between), Eastern Tennessee (Cherahola Skyway), and Northwestern South Carolina. Our second Home is at Misty Mountain Inn in Blairsville. Peg Shaw is the owner and Innkeeper and she has a beautiful main house with 4 B&B rooms as well as 6 (or 7) individual country cabins for weekly rentals, one and two bedrooms.
Her website is www.mistymountaininn.com and her phone number is:
706-745-4786
We have done 3 State day trips from here and could have done a 4 State but we were losing light. Awesome riding!

Here are a couple of pictures of us day-tripping from Blairsville. Courtesy of killboy.com We rode about 300 bends to do 318 bends one way, turn back and ride 318 bends back, to return 300 bends back to Blairsville , a different way! Sometimes I wonder why we live in Florida. Hope this helps, Marc
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Re: Where to find "riding paradise" and a map tip too- South

Post by Biff's R »

Nice pics, and sometimes the ride to Deals Gap is better than the ride while there.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!