Search found 12 matches

by JohnR
Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:18 pm
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: Wife Taking MSF Beginning Rider Course!
Replies: 15
Views: 5011

Hi boxer, I believe that a little time on a smaller bike would be good for your wife's confidence, and make the course more meaningful for her. A 125cc bike would be perfect. If you can make this work, find a empty parking lot and parctice riding the bike at lower speeds. Help her figure out the &qu...
by JohnR
Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:16 pm
Forum: Great Rides
Topic: Two-up camping on an R - pics
Replies: 6
Views: 3392

Hi Peter, If you ever ride thru the Columbia Gorge again, please let me know and I'll invite you to stop in. Did you ride the Columbia Gorge on the Washington side...Hy 14? Or, did you ride the Gorge on the Oregon side...Interstate (yawn) 84? I hope you rode the Washington side, as it follows the te...
by JohnR
Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: Someone is seriously screwing with me.
Replies: 20
Views: 6326

Big Papa,

Now, that's a little better. I like that bike pix better, and the garage, too. If I posted a pix of my garage, the health department would be knocking at my door.

-John-
by JohnR
Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:55 am
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: Someone is seriously screwing with me.
Replies: 20
Views: 6326

Big Papa,

Nice bike, but I'm even more impressed by how clean you keep your garage! :D

-John-
by JohnR
Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:11 am
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: Suzuki makes some ugly motorcycles
Replies: 21
Views: 5481

Bob,

"Form follows function" I'd love to have a GS, too.

-John-
by JohnR
Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:05 pm
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: Lane Splltting
Replies: 49
Views: 14554

Hey Guest, Thanks for the post. I don't live where there are any lanes to split, but I ride some curves, near me, with the same attitude. Guest wrote: "It may sound strange but I find it peaceful! It requires such intense concentration that I find it takes my mind off everything else in life.&q...
by JohnR
Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:52 pm
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: R1150R burning oil
Replies: 8
Views: 3767

Hi Ed, I've got a 2002 R1150R with almost the same number of miles, and about the same amount of oil burn. I've burned a quart in the last 3,000 miles. Do a search on this site. There are other posts about the bikes burning oil until they are broken-in. How many miles are required to break-in the bi...
by JohnR
Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:08 am
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: R1150R for First Street Bike
Replies: 88
Views: 28566

Tipstall, If you are interested in buying used, try Craigslist. I got back on a bike after 30 years, last year. I went the used route and have purchased three used bikes off Craigslist...so far. I bought mine in Seattle, Portland and San Francisco, but there is a Chicago Craigslist, too. Here is the...
by JohnR
Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:11 pm
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: What kind of cage does an R rider drive?
Replies: 146
Views: 51923

Ford F150 six cylinder, stick shift---slug.

I get my mileage, and use, out of the truck.

I get my adrenaline from the bike.

I live for a little adrenaline. Give me more!

-John-
by JohnR
Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:25 pm
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: Test Post
Replies: 34
Views: 9830

Hey Hiker,

I like your sense of humor. Welcome---from a guy that has posted less than you.
-John-
by JohnR
Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:36 pm
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: Sounds like marbles rattling around in the engine
Replies: 25
Views: 9139

To Lance1150, I think you got confused in your post, above. "dickhein" was concerned about the his engine sounding like marbles were rattling around inside. It appears you were writing about the sound of marbles rattling around in your head. Marbles rattling around in an 1150 engine are BA...
by JohnR
Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:42 am
Forum: R1150R (2001-2005)
Topic: From Dallara
Replies: 41
Views: 14500

Allan,

My sympathy to you and your family.

-John-