accumulator/battery - urgent message

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
burakozel
Basic User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:15 am
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Istanbul

accumulator/battery - urgent message

Post by burakozel »

Hi
My battery was totally lost. I'm thinking of changing it. Official Bmw service offered 170 euro for a new one, which is too high-price.
I wonder if any cheaper brands would be replaced... they are applicable for such a good brand Bmw? especially for r1150r? May it cause harm to motor? or do I have to put that Bmw Service proposed comprimisng much more green?
appreciate..
burak


Note: possible brand I may put which is around 110 euro yueassa (something like that, not know how to write its name) is it ok?
Burak
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Posts: 2216
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:05 pm
Donating Member #: 100
Location: Conway River, Virginia

Post by MikeCam »

Any after market brand of the right size, shape and rating (12 volt, 14-20 AmpHrs) will do. Insure the terminals will fit up there under the tank without touching in the close confines.
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
User avatar
snowprick
Lifer
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:33 am
Donating Member #: 3953
Location: Manila, Philippines

Post by snowprick »

MikeCam wrote:Any after market brand of the right size, shape and rating (12 volt, 14-20 AmpHrs) will do. Insure the terminals will fit up there under the tank without touching in the close confines.
I agree also and just make sure the layout of the connectors is the same as the one you have.

Say hi to Istanbul for me. One of my favorite places as I am a photographer.

Ef-Es :D :D :D
Rod
2001 R1150R Black of course (sold)
2009 F800GS Black & yellow of course
Apple Macintosh
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Posts: 3644
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:37 pm
Donating Member #: 312
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.....aproaching retirement

Post by boxermania »

You should be able to find the YUASA Brand, specific to your bike, at a lesser cost. 8)
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
allanj255
Basic User
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:32 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Northumberland UK. Member #579

Post by allanj255 »

New gel filled batteries for 1150 on ebay for £45 about €65 plus post
Allan
2003 R1150R Twin Spark, (Black - the fastest colour)
User avatar
Boxer
Lifer
Posts: 3402
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:16 am
Donating Member #: 2
Location: Atmore, Alabama

Post by Boxer »

The Odyssey PC680 AGM battery can be shipped right to your door.
Check them out on ebay.
Post Reply