My 03 R1150R Rocster, twin spark, has a problem.
Once I start the engineen during a couple of minutes it surging and turns off, so I chuke up and flip throttle to rev more than 2000rmp for about 2 minutes then the engineen turns to stable.
So I guess that before O2 sensor sending signal the engineen is unstable.
I live in Korea, now is hot summer.
If anybody have similar exprience, give me advice.
Engineen surging and turns off after staring
Moderator: Moderators
- iowabeakster
- Quadruple Lifer
- Posts: 1962
- Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:43 am
- Location: iowa city, ia
Re: Engineen surging and turns off after staring
Greetings,
My first thoughts are that water may be in your fuel tank. I would start by riding it until it is nearly empty. Drain the remaining fuel out. Add a bit of water dispersing additive and refill with good fresh gasoline.
My first thoughts are that water may be in your fuel tank. I would start by riding it until it is nearly empty. Drain the remaining fuel out. Add a bit of water dispersing additive and refill with good fresh gasoline.
I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray...
Re: Engineen surging and turns off after staring
Thank you for your kind reply, Iowa.
However I have done cleaning the fuel tank and change the fuel filter about weeks ago.
My guess is the oxygen sensor's heating coil is a problem.
Once the cat is heated on then the engineen has no problem,
the problem is during several minutes before the engineen warmed up.
As my information the coil of oxygen sensor helps to heat the sensor in 20 ~30 seconds, buy the way, probably mine
doesn't work properly so the engineen turns off.
Yesterday I check the voltage at the line to coil, there was 13.60 V. It was normal.
Have anyone experienced a coil failure in the oxygen sensor ?
However I have done cleaning the fuel tank and change the fuel filter about weeks ago.
My guess is the oxygen sensor's heating coil is a problem.
Once the cat is heated on then the engineen has no problem,
the problem is during several minutes before the engineen warmed up.
As my information the coil of oxygen sensor helps to heat the sensor in 20 ~30 seconds, buy the way, probably mine
doesn't work properly so the engineen turns off.
Yesterday I check the voltage at the line to coil, there was 13.60 V. It was normal.
Have anyone experienced a coil failure in the oxygen sensor ?
Re: Engineen surging and turns off after staring
I have changed the oxygen sensor then the problem has been disappeared.
Now everything is fine.
Thank you everybody who gave me the advice.
Now everything is fine.
Thank you everybody who gave me the advice.