added safety for a R1200R rider

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
redwing
Basic User
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:36 am
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Hessmer, Louisiana

added safety for a R1200R rider

Post by redwing »

I added some reflective cloth tape to my back pack and jacket. My thinking is the tape moves in the breeze. At a hundred feet behind a driver will see the movement and get their attention.
What do ya's think?

Robert

Image

Image
08' R1200R
Sweet...
Image
TT RDHS
Basic User
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:39 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Phoenix

Re: added safety for a R1200R rider

Post by TT RDHS »

Looks good...
That should get their attention.
8)
User avatar
Lost Rider
Basic User
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 1:31 am
Donating Member #: 514
Location: Ventura County, California
Contact:

Re: added safety for a R1200R rider

Post by Lost Rider »

Seems like a logical conclusion for added safety, good idea!
A white Helmet also really stands out, along with a yellow headlight. ;)

You don't see in it my photos but I have a ton of reflective tape all over my bike. Subframe, center stand, air ducts on forks, plate holder, etc.

I'm all about anything that can help dumb ass cagers notice me. For the most part i feel, situational awareness and very aggressive defensive riding combined with hi viz stuff add ons like ours makes for safer riding.
Thanks for sharing!
Get Lost!
User avatar
Steve in VT
Basic User
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:48 am

Re: added safety for a R1200R rider

Post by Steve in VT »

I love the black reflective stuff (3M?) and put patches of it on the front fork air ducts, saddlebags, grab-bars, whatever.
I also pasted one of those helmet arrows on the back of mine. I didn't like the arrow idea, so I cut it up into a different pattern.
Touring, I don't use the BMW top case, even though it's really nice. Instead I strap an Ortlieb medium yellow waterproof duffel on the back rack.
You can see it a mile away. It really helps other riders keep you in view.
Peugeot PX-10, '07 R1200R, Canon 780is.
No, kid, I won't do a wheelie. I'd fall on my ass.
User avatar
R12RnHouston
Basic User
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:33 pm
Donating Member #: 791
Location: Houston, TX

Re: added safety for a R1200R rider

Post by R12RnHouston »

I have my eye on these black reflectors on eBay. Although depicted in the photo as “lit-up”, I believe they are black reflective?
07' R1200R Kristall Grau
ex 2007 F650GS
Snapping Twig
Basic User
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 am

Re: added safety for a R1200R rider

Post by Snapping Twig »

Good idea.

I wear a green Yoshimura vest with 3M reflective sewn in.

Had a guy ask me if it helped and I told him I hoped so, but who knows?

In any event, it makes me feel better about things and a good mental outlook keeps the mojo where it needs to be.
Post Reply