Test Post

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Test Post

Post by Hiker »

Sorry, just a test to try out my 'membership'.

(I must be a member. Doug sent me a t-shirt!

Hiker
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Aha!

Post by Hiker »

Hmmmm.... no member number. Very suspicious...

Hiker
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

?

Post by Hiker »

Maybe not supposed to have a number. Maybe depends where/how I log in...

I've got my own little junk thread going here...

Wheee...


Hiker
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
JohnR
Basic User
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:48 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: White Salmon, WA

Post by JohnR »

Hey Hiker,

I like your sense of humor. Welcome---from a guy that has posted less than you.
-John-
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Posts: 3644
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:37 pm
Donating Member #: 312
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.....aproaching retirement

Post by boxermania »

Gents.....to make you both happy I'm taking matters on my own hands and have assigned JohnR #69 and Hiker #96.....I hope that you are pleased with your respective assignments.

BTW, welcome aboard :lol: :lol:
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
Hiker13

Post by Hiker13 »

Well, your number assignment may be more appropriate than you think.

For the record, this Hiker is anatomically unable to fufill the requirements of 'Gent'. :shock:

Thanks for the welcome!


Hiker
aka Sonja :wink:
Hiker13

Post by Hiker13 »

For some reason, when I log in from work, I get called guest.
No matter, Hiker13 = Hiker.
User avatar
geechie
Honorary Lifer
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:03 am
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Charleston, SC

Post by geechie »

Welcome Sonja, aka Hiker,

This board could occasionally benefit from the civilizing influence of a women.

Not that you're civilized simply because of your gender.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Oh, crap! I think I've stepped in something.

This is a test, right?

Watch out for DJ.

George
Member #191
Carpe momentum... y'all
Hiker13

The Fall Of Civilization

Post by Hiker13 »

No civilized behavior here, just the usual plantive "Help me, what battery charger do I use, my seat is uncomfortable and my butt hurts, what's the best lightweight jacket, what are the best boots, did I pay to much for _______, my dealer is an a**hole, what's the part number for________, I'm a veggie, you're momma's a Teletubby" posts.


I'm already watching out for DJ. How come the rest of you don't post your pictures so much? (Friendly wave to DJ, I might be over that way sometime in the future.)

Hiker
Shaman
Honorary Lifer
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:03 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Maine, USA
Contact:

Re: Test Post

Post by Shaman »

Hiker wrote:Sorry, just a test to try out my 'membership'.

(I must be a member. Doug sent me a t-shirt!

Hiker
You do not have to be a R1150r member to get member access to the board.
It is not the same thing.

if you paid dues and became a R1150R member, then you will get a number assigned and then Doug will give you access to the Members Section and Pat's Playhouse.

If you would like a 'custom' avatar, read up on the thread in the members area once you get access.

Welcome to the board.
Hiker13

Post by Hiker13 »

Shaman,

I did recently pay dues and got a note (and even a t-Shirt) from Doug.
Am I supposed to have a number?
I haven't checked access to the member's section. Maybe I should go look.

I've noticed that when I log in form work ( :shock: ), it's not the same as when I log in from home. For example, it doesn't want to recognize me as Hiker. Says the name is taken.

Heck, sorry if I'm boring the board to tears with this admin stuff.

Hiker
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

Whoa! I can get to the Member's section AND Pat's playhouse.

Uh-oh.

Hiker
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
Shaman
Honorary Lifer
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:03 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Maine, USA
Contact:

Post by Shaman »

Hiker13 wrote: I've noticed that when I log in form work ( :shock: ), it's not the same as when I log in from home. For example, it doesn't want to recognize me as Hiker. Says the name is taken.
r
If it says the name is taken, you might be clicking on register instead of log-in. If you are trying to log in it should only give you 2 things.

1. you log in
2. your login/password is incorrect, try again or register.

I forgot how Doug wants people to get access, there are two ways.
1. PM Doug and ask for access.
2. Click on USERGROUPS above
- click on members
- click on subscribe
- Doug or a mod will then have to approve it.
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

Shaman,

I seem to HAVE access. I think I am happy (therefore, I am).

Thank you!

Hiker
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
User avatar
Boxer
Lifer
Posts: 3402
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:16 am
Donating Member #: 2
Location: Atmore, Alabama

Post by Boxer »

DJ's a showoff! Ignore him.
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

Provide a substitute. :P

Hiker
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
Acacia
Basic User
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:28 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Sugar Land, TX

Post by Acacia »

We get a T shirt when we become a member? :shock:

Do we? :-k
Member #192
"Life is a curve!"
Hiker
Basic User
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Michigan

Post by Hiker »

No, I get a T-Shirt because I'm smaller than you lot.
The glass slipper happened to fit. Hey, it happens.

Good CYA, Doug?

Hiker
<Sonja>
2004 R1150R Silver

Does the noise in my head bother you?
User avatar
Optimus Prime
Basic User
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:18 am
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Peoria, IL

Post by Optimus Prime »

Hiker wrote:No, I get a T-Shirt because I'm smaller than you lot.
The glass slipper happened to fit. Hey, it happens.
:smt044 :smt043

This little gal's gonna fit right in.



Welcome Hiker. :smt006
HikerNot

LogIn

Post by HikerNot »

Hiker,

Log in from different networks is, to use a technical term, 'weird'.

Basically, if the network accepts cookies and the firewall allows redirected pages, then a straightforward log-in should yield your correct username with password and after 2 tries, should reflect that in the spaces above the threads.

I always enter from http://www.r1150r.org/board rather than through the main site.

I sometimes log-in, but usually use the most appropriate alias I can conjure for the moment.

I am to be regarded with disdain or at least with grudging respect or maybe just tolerated.

GUESS WHO I AM!!!

joking.


Welcome aboard.

PS

Do you hike much? East/west -- off to read your profile.
Post Reply